Friday, April 1, 2016

5 Years Later


Today I celebrate my 5th Anniversary of Project Me.  A journey.  At the age of 46 years old, I was 193lbs, (almost my pregnancy weight) had an unconfirmed diagnosis of sleep apnea, my knees hurt, my back hurt, and all I could think about was that if I was like this now - what was I going to be like when I was 50?  I had enough.  I started on a Friday and April 1st.  I was serious this time.
 

I won't rehash my journey as you can click on the links of Project Me below and see where over 5 years, I SLOWLY lost 70lbs (took me almost 2 years), and changed my eating habits.  I had then improved my outside, but still hadn't worked on my inside.  Without the help of my doctor, our work EAP, a very special friend/co-worker, my new (at the time) manager, very supportive team members and of course my very patient and understanding husband (who was the conductor of my 'crazy train') and son, I could not have done it.  It took a lot of people to get me to where I am today - and I thank them all - from the bottom of my heart. 

I am 51 years old and I am owning my age.  I am at the best physical, mental, emotional and spiritual best that I have been in my whole life.  It has been a COMPLETE Lifestyle Change.

I completed my Corporate Wellness Certificate this January and in May, I will complete my Workplace Mental Health Leadership Certificate.  I am so excited for these opportunities!!  How awesome to work for a company that invests in me and allows me to take educational courses to control my destiny?  

5 years ago today, I woke up and decided "I Am Worth It".  And I know I am. If I inspire even one person to take control of their life, to get them to believe that they are worth it, I believe I have fulfilled one of the purposes of my life.

xo Catherine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails