I cannot believe that in a few days I will be 50 years old.
How the hell did that happen?
I know getting older beats the alternative.
I know that too many are 'denied' the 'privilege' of getting older.
I hated turning 'middle-aged'.
But now, I am on the other side of middle-aged unless I live to be 100+.
So being middle-aged doesn't seem so bad to me now.
I am trying hard to remember....what?...ummm...oh yea...
that 'Fifty is the new Forty'.
Though technically, I'm much better at 50 than I was at 40.
Things I can do at 50 that I couldn't do at 40:
- Jog 5 km (average 4 days/week)
- Walk 10,000 steps (or more) a day
- Care less what people think of me
- Speak my mind more
- Give myself more 'me' time
And how am I spending my birthday week?
- 2 weeks off work
- Reflexology & Reiki appointments
- Lunch dates with friends
- Shopping trip to Calgary
- Trip to the Calgary Zoo
- Booking of hotel/flights to Victoria for our summer trip
- Packing away my winter clothes
- Getting behind my camera
- Getting into my craft room
- And there will be movies and snoozes as well... :)
So I guess here comes 50 - ready or not...
"Looking fifty is great - if you're sixty." ~ Joan Rivers