Monday, September 9, 2013

It's all about the bathroom and the food...

On the morning of our anniversary
Wayne surprised me with an Anniversary ring.
I wanted one
but I wasn't expecting one.
I cried.  :)

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.
Just the two of us.
Spending the day together
getting dressed up for the evening and restaurant 'hopping'
(Milestones, Irish Times Pub, Bard and Banker Pub)
listening to live bands
and ending the evening with a walk along the harbour.

Perfection.

The poem below was written in the menu
where we ate our main meal.
It seemed fitting to the occasion.  
The restaurant gave me a copy of the menu.  :)


You know I'm all about the bathrooms when I stay at hotels!
And this one had a huge soaker tub with double sinks
separate glassed in shower and sliding doors to enter it.
With lots of storage, lots of space, sliding window door to the patio
and a view that was more than we could have hoped for.



Is there anyone else out there that takes photos
of their food while they are on holidays???

Oh the food!
Thank goodness we were doing lots of walking
or I would have never fit into that dress!

I always use Urbanspoon
to plan where we are going to eat in a new city/town.
I hate bad dining experiences ruining a holiday.  :(

My top favorites of our 6 days of dining experiences?
Fish battered in potato chips - Bard and Banker - umm yum
Homemade granola  - The Clay Pigeon - best granola I've ever tasted
Watermelon Slushy Margareta - Cactus Club - well let's just say I drank more than one...  



Happy, Henrietta and Harry
We took a ride on Harry Hippo
90 minutes of fun.
About 30 minutes was spent touring the city by land
and about 60 minutes was spent floating around the harbour.
Yup, by land or by water
this was a fun way to see the sites.


Such amazing architecture and workmanship
especially when you consider it was built 125 years ago.
But, all those bedrooms and guests 
and only one bathroom???
Unbearable.
But at least it had running water...  :)
and it was one of the first homes with electricity on the island.


Except for one morning (Thursday)
we had perfect weather.
Sunday was hot all day.
A light rain a few mornings
(not like Sask rain where you have wind and rain pelts your face!!)
and then by mid-morning
the sun would come out and it would stay warm until evening.



Thursday morning
in the hotel's Japanese garden
just before we walked out to the
Breakwater where it started to pour!
I couldn't even take photos it was raining so hard
and my glasses were fogged up so I couldn't see.

But in the end, it was a memorable day
(we are still laughing at how soaked we got)
and we ended up spending the afternoon at the IMax theatre
watching a double feature and eating popcorn.

By the time we got out of the IMax
the sun was shining and it was warm.



Happy faces!




Victoria wildlife and meeting a blog friend for tomorrow's post!

Happy Monday!

(Mondays...so much more enjoyable when you are still on holidays...)







32 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

What a stunning ring, and fabulous vacation!

It truly boggles my mind that there are a few people on the planet who have managed to weather the storms and be happy together long term. It's beyond my experience and the experience of anyone in my family or extended family. So I always read your posts with both amazement and not a little disbelief. LOL.

I certainly wish you both happy decades yet to come! :-)

Pam said...

What a perfect anniversary!! I'm planning a trip to Savannah soon, so expect to see lots of Savannah food photos soon!

Brian said...

That fun and such a gorgeous area! I love that castle!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Wow your guy is really happy he married you! Love the ring and trip. You make a sweet couple! Enjoyed your trip too.

Tamago said...

Happy Anniversary, and what a perfect and wonderful time you spent! You are such a beautiful couple. After 25 years of marriage, you are very much in love!
All the sights and food (yum!) look really lovely. I think the castle needs more bathroom, haha. But it sure is beautiful.
Glad you had such a great time, shine or rain. You must have had shine on your face all the time :-)

It's me said...

Wowwww...love is in the air !!!....you are so cute couple !!!...love Ria...x !

Sandra said...

I had a blast taking your trip with you... you both look so very happy. love all the pics of both of you and i like your green dress. that bathroom and room is awesome, i can tell you i have never stayed in one like it, only the little drive up to teh front door motels with tiny bathrooms.

TexWisGirl said...

sweet, sweet, sweet. :)

Avalon Cat Cartoons said...

I'm a complete foodie, so I take almost more photos of food (and cats) than any other thing, not just on holiday, but also when I'm out :)
If you're interested, you can see a collection of those food photos on my other blog: http://vanessa-morgan.blogspot.com

Ingrid said...

Hello Catherine what a sweet post with sweet people...I hope you enjoyed summer like we did.....x

Katnip Lounge said...

OH!
The ring! The food, drinks, and hotels! And you two, looking cute as bugs. Girlfriend, you are looking HOT. hee hee!

Ann said...

What a fun trip. I love the dress you're wearing. I take pictures of my food when we go out to eat even if we aren't on holiday.
I can't believe that big castle and only one bathroom?

Sylvia said...

Oh my, Catherine, I think that's the most perfect Anniversary ... congrats to you both !
So nice you had a great time together !
What a gorgeous ring ... and your dress, wonderful !
Have a nice week,
Sylvia

Grace said...

My husband and I don't celebrate our wedding anniversary - the beginning of April 1990 - that's all I remember...We aren't sentimental about stuff like that BUT I do like to hear about people who are - and it looks like a wonderful time was had by all...

Lisa Gordon said...

What a beautiful couple you are!!!
It has been so much fun looking at these photos, and your new ring is absolutely gorgeous!

Penny said...

Beautiful, wonderful, great and yes! Beautiful as in ...your dress, your ring. Wonderful as in...the room! Great as in...your photos and YES, I always take pictures of my food when I am on holidays. Looking forward to the wildlife shots.
Penny

Betsy Adams said...

Wow---you look marvelous, Skinny Lady. I know you have worked hard for that look... Awesome!!!!

The food looked incredible --but I'm glad you walked it all off.....

What a fabulous anniversary you had. Would love to see the ring....

Love your photo in front of the waterfall--even if it was man-made...

The castle looked to be so interesting... WOW!

Congrats again.

Hugs,
Betsy

Lin said...

WOW! What a wonderful trip! So glad you got away together to celebrate your anniversary. LOVE the ring!!

We are leaving for Maui on Friday---can't wait for our anniversary trip. :)

Hot Rocks said...

I used to live near Craigdarrich castle when I was 19. I love Victoria, looks like you had an awesome time! Lookin good girlfriend.

S. Etole said...

It looks like you had a splendid time in a very special place. Beautiful ring, too.

Linda R said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast. Such a pretty, pretty ring. You are looking good my friend..

Hugs~

Nancy said...

Such a cute couple you two -- and I love that ring!

Mary said...

Wow! Fun, fun and more fun. The food looks delicious. How could you possibly choose an absolute favorite. It would have to be everything. :) So happy for you and your sweetheart!

BeadedTail said...

What a fabulous anniversary celebration! Looks like the perfect way to begin the next 25+ years of marriage together!

Alice Marie said...

I've taken the Hippo Bus! Isn't it fun?! LOVE your photos and it looks like the best anniversary trip EVER.

Linens and Royals said...

The ring, castle, food, Hippo Tour, the happy couple. All so amazing I don't know which is my favourite photo. XX

Crafting Queen said...

What a wonderful ring. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, so happy for you.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yep, I take picture of our food and my family thinks I'm crazy! Sometimes though, they will actually play along and dress things up for the photo. :) Happy belated anniversary! Tammy

Carolynn Anctil said...

Oh my gawd - I want to move into that hotel room and live there! I had to laugh at your remarks about the bathroom - I'm all about bathrooms, too! My mom tells me that any time we went to visit someone, I'd go to the bathroom and then come out and whisper to her "They have a really nice bathroom". It was my standard of measurement. *grin*

That is a Cute dress!! The poem is great too and how sweet that the restaurant gave you a copy of the menu to keep.

(Just catching up - been away from the computer for a few days...)

Pantherka said...

Fantastic photos, great.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jaime said...

Oooooooooh... I see my favourite dessert of all time up in one of those pictures up there!!! Yummy, oh yummy.

And that beautiful dress! Double yum!
I love the colour!

So glad you had such a special time with your hunny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails