Monday, May 13, 2013

31 Days of May ~ A Project ~ Day 10, 11 & 12


May 10:
  • Put your morning smoothie in a cup bought for a worthy cause and take it to work to drink.



  • Take advantage of the fact that you only work until 1:30 pm on Fridays, go for a long walk (60 minutes) when you get home, fill your 24 inch tub up to the tippy tippy top, add bubbles, drink a skinny chia latte while soaking in a hot bath for 1/2 hour, get ready for date night.



May 11:
  • Spend the day walking (80 minutes), shopping (new white capris) and watching your backyard wildlife (the nuthatch brings me such joy).  



  • Delight in the fact that the birds and the bunnies are so used to you, they don't mind you sharing their space.



May 12:
  • Another morning walk (65 minutes), followed by a country drive with your sweetie.  Stop and take a photo (or 2 or 3 or 4...) of wildflowers.



  • Be so very thankful that the day is sunny, bright and warm (30c/86F) with no wind.



  • Marvel at the fact that the water is so low at the Saskatchewan Landing, you are able to walk and walk on a sandy beach where water usually is this time of year.



  • Watch a big black and white bee fly from twig to twig.


  • Contemplate opening a message in a bottle.  Think better of it since you don't want to leave glass on the beach.  Then hope it's not from someone stranded on an island needing help.



  • Enjoy the simplicity of a feather nestled in the sand.



  • Take over 400 photos of things on the beach that hold your interest, make you smile, you think are pretty...  



  • Scream out in surprise and delight as you notice a figure running through the park...take a photo...finally...a perfectly clear photo of Sasquatch...



  • Be VERY grateful for one of the most enjoyable days that you've had in a very long time.  (Oh there you are laughter...I was beginning to wonder where you were....)




to be continued...



P.S. The photo of Sasquatch is not real...but the photo of me laughing is... ;)


42 comments:

S. Etole said...

Looks like a perfectly delightful time. Have a great week.

Nancy Claeys said...

Buzzkill -- I was ready to call that reality show with the scoop! :)

Brian said...

Now that was fun, big foot or not!!!

Laurie said...

I'm loving this Catherine, how important it is to just enjoy the little things in life! I'm going to take your lead. Thanks!!

Sandra said...

all the way through this wonderful and fun post full of awesome photos, i was thinking you did not mention photography, but then i got to the over 400 photos on the beach and went awwwww... this is one of my most favorite posts you have ever done. totally awesome photos and fun to

BeadedTail said...

Your photos are gorgeous! Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! I was really hoping that was the real Bigfoot so I'd know he's there and not here!

TexWisGirl said...

too cute! love that old church! wow!

Pearl said...

Love it. :-) Like a little vacation for me!

Pearl

Kerri said...

Oh this post made me smile!
LOVE your beach images!!! and you look MARVELOUS!

It's me said...

Hhahahahaaha...you always make me laugh darling....love Ria......xxx...

Heather said...

Lovely Catherine... and so nice to see your beautiful smile! Cheers~

Carolynn Anctil said...

So much to love about this post. Where to begin - well, you've gotta know I LOVE the bunny! Glad to hear you're getting your mojo back.

Crafting Queen said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your life. I love all your photos, they are wonderful!! Have a great week. :)

Pantherka said...

Wonderful ... well you all enjoyed :-)

Katnip Lounge said...

A wonderful week!

And darn, I was thinking you were going to be featured on the Discovery channel!

Chatty Crone said...

Looks like a great time.
Hope you had a GREAT Mother's Day too!
sandie♥

Mary said...

Beautiful photos, all! The little nuthatch is so adorable. And.. now i'm totally bummed! lol. I could just see you on the show 'Finding Bigfoot' being interview by Bobo! Disappointed sigh. lol again.

BumbleVee said...

Did you take the bottle home and open it?..was there a message? what did it say? nosy aren't I ??

Ann said...

What a great weekend you had.

Hot Rocks said...

Glad you are finally getting Summer weather..like us too. Gotta love it! Love all your pics, but especially the one of you laughing!!

Susan said...

Oh my Catherine, I didn't realize I missed so many posts. You go girl, you should be in good shape before you know it, I mean emotional shape that is. You are already in great physical shape.

Tamago said...

What wonderful days you had! I enjoyed every one of your beautiful photos! I love seeing wildlife in the backyard. We have bunnies coming, too.
I wonder what was the message in the bottle. Definitely hope it was not someone needing help :-)
I love your big smile! Made me smile, too!

SquirrelQueen said...

What a great way to spend a day. And having Sasquatch show up is definitely a bonus. LOL!
I love that old church.

Eileen said...

Gorgeous photos as always - thanks for sharing!

Linda R said...

I really am enjoying all these post and so glad your found your laugh..

You look fabulous darling...

Loving all your photos..

Hugs~

Betsy Adams said...

Oh what fun... We just got home from a week at the beach --and I have a similar photo like yours... I love walking on the beach. You just look incredible.

Sounds like you are finding joy in each day--and that is GOOD.... You are an inspiration to all of us.

Hugs,
Betsy

Reena Walkling said...

What a wonderful time! So love that little nuthatch as well as all the wonderful photos of your time off!

Sylvia said...

Looks like you had a great time, Catherine !
You made me laugh too :-)
Nice week,
Sylvia

Penelope's Beehive said...

Perfect! Wishing you much joy Catherine...
Hugs,
Judy xx

Donna said...

awesome post! and nice white capris and blue tank, love that combo. your May projects are great and love reading about your daily happiness kickers.

Michael Manning said...

A great and refreshing post, Catherine! :)

dancing-muffin said...

LOve it,to see you laughing ;0)
And the animal pictures are my Favorite!
Stay fine,Ulli

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Catherine,
Great photos and you sure had a wonderful,sunny and happy day together.
Nature is lovely once it awakes from winter.
Hugs,
Mariette

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams said...

How nice to see sand, and feathers...beautiful shots.

I had no idea you had a beach in Sask...that tells you how little I know about that province.

Jen

Lin said...

LOVE the Sasquatch! And the old church....very cool.

I especially like to see you laughing.

Terri said...

Lovely days- excluding the big hairy creature, of course!

CricriCat said...

Merci pour ces magnifiques photos. Bon week-end Catherine. A bientôt. Cricri

troutbirder said...

What fun. And maybe I saw a pasque flower. Very rare here....:)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Totally bummed out that the Sasquatch was not real. :(

Beautiful post! I love to take pictures of rocks and sand too. It is amazing how beautiful they can be.

Giancarlo said...

Quante belle fotografie, complimenti!!Un felice week end per Te...ciao

Katy Noelle said...

What's all this? What's all this? (I'm 'back', btw, and came to see 'what's up' which, apparently, something wonderful IS up! =D)

Sasquatch is SO funny!! =D

Reading on.... =)

Splendid Little Stars said...

Sasquatch...finally spotted! The nuthatch is lovely and so are all the things on the beach.
The old church is fascinating!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails