Friday, July 22, 2011

What's a guy to do? Part IV

Feeling secure in the belief
that Pete had moved on
due to not seeing him around for 2 days,
Stanley was once again very pleased with himself
for getting rid of that pesky little nuisance once and for all.

He was therefore very discombobulated
when appeared by the original re-dug
gopher hole the other day,
an envelope addressed to him.


It was a letter from Pete.
Surprised by Pete's articulate hand... 
errrr... paw writing
Stanley proceeded to read the letter

Dear Stanley,

I want to thank you so much for gravelling my front patio for me.  I think it looks really nice.  Quite a few stones and dirt plugged up my doorway, but not to worry, it only took me a couple of days to dig them out.  I used the extra stones to build up the walls in my home and of course, all the water you keep spraying down into my hole has afforded me the luxury of being able to put in that indoor pool I've always wanted.   

Stanley was starting to get a
mental image of what
Pete had been up to for the
last few days he'd been missing.



Stanley read on.

Might you be so kind as to when the next time you spray water down the hole, aim the hose a little more to the right.  It should then spray directly into the pool.  Please hurry.  It needs a little more to top it off and I've planned a house warming party for tomorrow night.  Francine and the rest of the gang are really looking forward to relaxing in my pool after all these long hot days we've been having.

Also, I was wondering, would it be too much to ask for you to run an extension cord out to the shed.  I am needing electricity to plug in the jacuzzi.


Thanks so much Stanley.  You are a real pal!

Your truly,

Pete



Happy Friday everyone!
Love Pete & Stanley

31 comments:

missing moments said...

hahahaha ... oh, Catherine, this is just too funny and clever. Stanley has no idea what he is up against!

Sandra said...

you signed off with Love pete and Stanley and I DO.... LOVE PETE AND STANLEY. i have so very much enjoyed your "story" thanks for more smiles today.

Christine said...

This was so funny, Pete sure is a creative little guy, I hope I'm invited to the party it looks very cozy!

BeadedTail said...

LOL! That's hilarious although I doubt that Stanley finds it too amusing! Pete is a smart little guy and he sure has a cool place now thanks to the help from Stanley!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These posts are so fun and creative! Exactly what I need on these hot days. Poor Stanley....

Katy Noelle said...

Heee, hee, heeeee! Reading these installments has, now, become a family affair, here, with my three sons and I!

Lliam would like me to tell you that he likes your special effects.

Cat. Your jar of winter is BRILLIANT! I completely forgot about that! =D

Hang in there, friend - it's hot, here, too!

Love, Me xo

Pam said...

Pete vs. Stanley continues. I do believe that Pete is winning.

GreatGranny said...

What a way to start a Friday, with humor. Pete is certainly winning thus far, poor Stanley.

LĂșcia said...

Hahaha I always wanted a house with a pool!
Have a wonderful weekend Catherine! :)

Fuzzy Tales said...

ROTFL! I love it, well done, Catherine! Pete certainly has a gopher designer show home now. :-P

Happy weekend to you all! I hope the weather's cooled off a bit for you!

Sylvia said...

This is so funny, Catherine, really enjoyed !
My husband is following Pete and Stanley's adventures too now :-)
Happy Friday !
Sylvia

Mary Ann said...

Poor Stanley:) I love your saga. Pete looks like a pretty enterprising guy. He'll have his own show on HGTV soon.

It's me said...

Happy weekend....love Ria....xxx...

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

Thanks for the wonderful humour!
Have a great weekend... sure hope it cools down and rains soon...
Susan

Brian said...

Sorry Stanley, but that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!!

Mariette said...

Dearest Catherine & Stanley,

What a story! You could write a children's book. Uhh... children? WE all enjoyed reading it! A nice summer break and so well divided over those days; you kept us all edgy.

Enjoy the weekend and summer, lots of love,

Mariette

Katnip Lounge said...

This gets better and better! Pretty soon Banjo will be going over for wild parties and such...

Anesha said...

What a super post Catherine. Hop you have a good weekend. Thank you I am feeling better today. Hugs Anesha

Lin said...

Hahaha! I LOVE the inside shot!! I may just come over for that party!!

Ann said...

Well it looks like Pete is really living the good life. Is Stanley ready to throw out the white flag yet?....rofl

Barbara Shallue said...

You are so funny and creative!! Thanks for the laugh - love those photos and Stanley's expression!

Linens and Royals said...

Pete is winning this war. Have you considered the fact that Pete might be able to give you a better life than Stanley? If you left Stanley you would have a jacuzzi.
Just something to consider!! XX

Laurie said...

Getting caught up on the blogs, and have to say this really made me laugh! You're so creative Catherine, and a photo shop artist! What a fun way to start the day! Thanks, and congrats to Pete on his new digs!

Just Who I Am said...

Wat a funny blog this is,you make me smile.And i'm sure in the end Pete and Stanley wil be friens haha Have a great weekend!
xxxElisabeth

Becca said...

OMG I just have to tell you how much fun I've had going back & reading the Stanley n Pete saga! We are on the road 1800 miles from home and this just cracked me up! You are so clever!

Linda R. said...

That is too funny my friend.. But the little furry guy is right. What a pool with out a Jacuzzi. You are so creative. And I have enjoyed reading These post.. Thanks....

Hugs, Linda

Sarah said...

Now I am curious about installment 5.

Tamago said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!! It is hilarious!! I love the letter Pete wrote for Stanley. It got hearts on. Heh heh.
I can't help but getting the mental image of Pete working on his indoor pool! Pete and his friends are going to have a big party!!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh I don't know how I missed this yesterday. It didn't pop up on my reader for some reason... Glad I found it...

This is absolutely fabulous... Love it.... That Pete is having a fabulous life under that shed... ha ha ha

Can't wait to read the next installment...

Hugs,
Betsy

lisa said...

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed this! You are truly so funny, and so very talented!

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful chuckles I have gotten in reading these.

Stanley's a good guy!!!

BumbleVee said...

hahahahha... you guys are hilarious! Glad I came by today.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails