Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Perfect Day

I sent Wayne a text
(who was out on the golf course)
around 9 am yesterday morning
and told him if he came home right after golf
I would 'let' him take me somewhere.  :)

By 11:20 am we were on the road
to Medicine Hat, Alberta.
(a 2 hour drive from Swift Current, Saskatchewan)

Instead of just going for lunch
and shopping like we usually do
when we go to The Hat,
I googled "Places to Visit in Medicine Hat"
and I came up with 
Echo Dale Regional Park.


It has a Historical Working Farm
that you can tour.


There didn't seem to be much 'work' going on at this farm.


But there was baby calves...
who doesn't like a baby calf?
So cute!


There were Pot Bellied Pigs.
OK... not so cute.
But beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?


There was a rooster
and some hens.


A male and female duck,
swimming in very dirty water.


Two curious sheep.
Looks like someone took their winter coats already.


A couple of work horses.


They were very friendly.
I got horse slobber on me as a matter of fact.


There was working equipment
and old tools in the barn.



And what farm would be complete
without a cat to ensure
the mice population is kept to a minimum?


Though
this sweet kitty
didn't appear to be too energetic.
I would suggest mice and birds are safe from him.


My goodness kitty...
what big paws you have!


He knew he was beautiful.
He worked the camera....
and me!


Oh those eyes!


There was a beautiful man-made lake with people
canoeing, swimming, floating, picnicking, playing games and simply relaxing.


The whole park is on the South side of the red cliffs.


There was even a little bit of wildlife along the way.
(So sad to watch beautiful creatures trying to cross a busy highway.)


By 5:00 pm we were driving back to the
flat prairies of Saskatchewan,
drinking a pop,
eating liquorice,
and singing to Elton John.
(OK... I was singing... Stanley was just listening to me...)


You have to love a man that chooses to
take his wife for a Saturday afternoon drive and photo shoot
instead of spending the afternoon drinking in the Club House.


Thank you Stanley!
You are one in a million!
Love you!

32 comments:

It's me said...

What a great trip you have had yesterday.....you lucky girl !!!enjoy a nice sunday darling....love Ria...xxx...

Penelope's Beehive said...

Oh Catherine, you DO have a simply splendid Mister...BRAVO Stanley!
What a lovely drive...the red cliffs are breathtaking! I have never seen anything like them! Thank you ever so much for sharing your journey by way of photographs. It was indeed most enjoyable.

Warmly,
Judy

Brian said...

How very beautiful and I enjoyed seeing all the critters!

Gods Little People said...

Your hubby is a darling! :-)
What stunning images Catherine and may I just say "holy smokes!!" to those kitty paws. I reckon she's gone on early retirement LOL but those paws must have spread a rumour to be the scariest paws in town (they ARE huge). What a beauty.
xo

BeadedTail said...

What a lovely day you and Wayne had! Your photos of the farm critters are beautiful especially the Farm kitty! I would imagine that your wonderful hubby enjoyed spending the day with you too!

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

I need to send Gordon golfing!

What a fantastic trip you had, Catherine! And your pictures are precious.

I loved that cat!!!
xxxx

Stacey Dawn said...

Oh wow - give that man another big hug - So cool for you to have a hubby that does that! Gorgeous photos... love them. What a fun place!

♥Ingrid♥ said...

Hello Catherine what a sweet post and also for Stanley!!thanks for the beautiful pictures,the horses are verry special for me.....have a beautiful sunday...x

Tanja said...

O Catherine, I realy love your post, what a beautiful photo's you made. I realy enjoy them. Gve Stanley a big hug that he want to go with you on this trip.

Thank you for this post,
Love
Tanja

Katnip Lounge said...

Now there's a wonderful day spent with a wonderful guy! I'm sure he quite enjoyed himself, too.

Sylvia said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day, Catherine !
You've taken beautiful pictures, love those animals and oh my, that cat has indeed big paws :-)
How lucky you are to have such a sweet husband !
Hugs,
Sylvia

Laurie said...

What a beautiful place to spend the day Catherine,in fact a place after my own heart! Golf, or a farm. Hmmmm. The choice is obvious to me! The cat looks like he's a Main Coon. My sister had one that looked just like him, the big paws give him away!

Sandra said...

I love you to Stanley. LOL we would have missed all this if you had not been so kind as to take her up there. there is so much here, i stared at every photo, the are all gorgous and sweet and pretty. i love the cat, the pigs and the horses and the goats and....all of it.

Ann said...

I wonder if Stanley might possibly come over here and give Wade some lessons. I can't get him to go anywhere with me. Gorgeous scenery there. I hope that Banjo didn't get jealous over you taking pictures of another kitty

Lesley said...

Sounds like a great day out, Catherine. Your photos are lovely and, personally, I think the pot bellied pigs are extremely cute!

Anesha said...

Wow, beautiful place and wonderful photos. The photos I love are of the cat and that close-up is super!! Great shot of the wildlife crossing the road as well. :)

Deb said...

That Stan is 'the man' and may I say that with those paws kitty most likely just 'smacks em' dead.

Barbara said...

Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful adventure. That baby calf is precious!!

S. Etole said...

You married just the right man!!! What an interesting day.

Christine said...

Boy I sure had to scroll a lot today, but it was worth every word and pic, especially that cat, he looks so luxurious. You sure had a nice happy day with your man, you are a lucky girl.

Linda R. said...

Now that is one sweet guy!! He's a keeper.. I love your photo's of the farm.. Of course my favorite shots were of the kitty!! Too cute..

Hugs, Linda

Lin said...

Thank you, Stanley!! We certainly enjoyed the photos from your fun day! :)

That cat had HUGE paws!!

Hot Rocks said...

NOW I know what to do when I am in the vicinity of the "hat"!! What a good man that Stanley is!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Love that man! He's a keeper, Catherine. But you already knew that.

Love the horses and the cat photos. Just beautiful!

Angie, Catladyland said...

What a beautiful place! Sounds like a pretty perfect place to me too!

Tamago said...

Oh you had such a nice trip!! This place looks beautiful...especially the red cliffs..the color of red is amazing!!
This kitty sure knows he is beautiful and loves his photos taken :-)
Your Stanley is a wonderful husband. And you are wonderful wife to always say thank you to him :-)

Pamela said...

Beautiful post Catherine!!!!
I did not reslise you live so close to Medicine Hat! That is a great city.
These photos are gorgeous and i love that kitty!! What a ham!
Awesome photo of the wolf! WOW!
Yes how sad they have to cross that highway!!

Your Stanley is a great guy!!!

Pamela xo

Becca said...

That is so cool, and yet something sweet my hubby would do! I have to say the "sky" in those photos looked amazing to me. All the cute little animals and oh, I think the fat little piggies are sweet! Glad you had a nice day, thanks for sharing it with us!

Kerri said...

What a lovely place! You and Stanley sound like the perfect match!

All Our Fingers in the Pie said...

Hey, you have some great pictures. And a wonderful husband to let you snap while he goes along for the ride!

BumbleVee said...

another pretty kitty....hey!...and a handsome dood........

Splendid Little Stars said...

We, too, thank you, Stanley! Because we get to see such lovely photos and vicariously enjoy a trip to somewhere we've never been!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails