Friday, April 22, 2011

Good-bye Tim... Hello David!

I took the day off from work yesterday
and headed into Regina shopping for the day.

Just me ~ all by myself.

I am afraid I indulged myself a little too much.
But what is life for if not for enjoyment ~ right?

I will share over the next few days my 'fun purchases'
but first off...

You know I like my tea!
And I especially love my Tim Horton's Steeped Tea.
But the price increased ~ again.
At the least I was spending $35 per month but
would often go up to $70 per month on Timmie's tea.

Well no more...

introducing....




With this special travel mug that steeps the tea inside
and has a little compartment at the bottom of the cup
to store some more dried tea to use later on during the day,
I will be spending money at Timmie's no more!

No more paper cups going into the environment every day either!

{a very good way to celebrate Earth Day I think!}

My beautiful travel mug will pay for itself 
in less than a month
and the tea cans are refillable
thus saving on packaging too!

For right now, I just started with 4 samples of tea:
Read My Lips - a black tea that smells and tastes like mint chocolate
Secret Weapon - a white tea that has almonds and cocoa
Strawberry White - a white tea that has strawberries and smells heavenly
Get Lucky - a black tea with fruit and nuts

With other fun tea names such as:
Fantasy Island
White Tiger
Jumpy Monkey
Three Wishes

how could a girl resist?
 Especially when they throw in a cute little canvas bag as well!!

Now....
please excuse me while I sip on my "Secret Weapon" and
go catch up with all you beautiful people!!!

Happy Good Friday 
and have a wonderful Easter Weekend!

26 comments:

Lesley said...

Those teas sound delicious and the mug is such a great idea! Glad you enjoyed your day in town :)
Wishing you a very happy Easter weekend, Catherine!
xo Lesley

Christine said...

Thank you, now I know what to get my brother for Christmas. I will mark that website down for later. Those teas, sound absolutely titillating, and fun too.

Teresa Evangeline said...

I love your tea mug and the teas sound deliciously wonderful. A very good way to honor Earth Day and have fun doing it.

Tracy said...

Catherine,
I'm a fan of Tim Horton's as well; love their English Toffee Cappaciano but now that we are down south, there are no Tim's! So I do miss it but I guess I don't miss the prices...
I love your new little tea set; that's what I need during the winter! thanks for sharing!
Have a blessed weekend my dear!

S. Etole said...

Those two white teas sound especially good ... Easter blessings.

Brian said...

I don't think you over indulged at all, looks like you had a purrfectly good time!

Tanja said...

Hi Catherine, I like this post for the colours ;-) the colour of the travelling can is whow, I don't now the name of the tea, but I really like the names of the samples, It is nice that someone thinks about that kind of things, Maybe it is a woman's thing that the names and the colours triggers you to buy.

Have a nice easter weekend and I hope that the sun is coming youre way.

Love
Tanja

Pamela said...

This is so cool Catherine! I am a big tea drinker too. I have never seen anything like this before.

We stopped in Regina on our drive across Canada and we thought it was such a beautiful city! So well laid out and it seemed to have it all.

Happy Easter to you!
Pamela xo

Sandra said...

i don't drink tea and had no idea it could be that expensive. i cringe becasue i pay 7.48 for a can of coffee that last 3 weeks. looks like it will be easy to take with you and i like the looks of the container.

BeadedTail said...

That tea sounds wonderful! I began drinking tea every day during tax season and have grown to love it. I really like that mug too!

It's me said...

Have a nice easter weekend darling.....love love Ria....xxx...

Linens and Royals said...

Not sure about all those exotic teas, think I will stick to Earl Grey. Happy Easter. XX

Barbara said...

What a great idea for a mug!! I'm glad you were able to indulge yourself! I went shopping by myself today, too - got a dress. So boring next to your tea!

Libbie said...

That sounds WONDERFUL!!! I wish I had a tea shop like that around! Except I am alittle too addicted to my Starbucks :) I can't imagine how much we spend there a month! I don't really want to know though :) Enjoy that tea!!! I can't imagine mint chocolate! Hope it is good!

Ann said...

Nothing better than a day off of work to take yourself shopping and over indulge. That is one awesome travel mug and I love the names for those teas.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It sounds like you and your new man David are off to a good start! :-))) My 2 favorites are Ben and Jerry...

Have a wonderful Easter weekend Catherine!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Catherine, We enjoy hot tea also --but ours is not quite as fancy as yours. My favorite is Earl Grey..... Hubby likes green tea...

Sounds like you had a good day shopping... Can't wait to see what you bought.
Hugs,
Betsy

Mariette said...

Dearest Catherine,

Sounds more like a 'beverage' than a tea... But if you love it, that's all what counts! Your reasons are very sound for not adding more waste to the environment; good for you.

Have a great Easter Weekend!

Lots of love,

Mariette

Bossy Betty said...

I TOTALLY endorse this purchase!!! It sounds wonderful!

Becca said...

That tea sounds wonderful!

YHOSIE said...

Happy Easter for you too catherine!
hhmm..
sound delicious! can i join you ? :D

XoXo

4smartmonkeys said...

That sounds awesome! We don't have many tea shops around here, David's would be neat.

Sylvia said...

Those tea names sound delicious, Catherine !
That mug is a good idea !
Enjoy your new teas :-)
Wish you a happy Easter time,
Sylvia

amelia said...

Good for you!! Tims doesn't need our money anyway!! We have stopped spending money there too!
My favourite tea is Masala.

Jaime said...

A tea that smells and tastes like mint chocolate?!?!
Where can I get a cup?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails