Friday, October 15, 2010

Thought For The Day

sometimes it really is just a
'sheep in sheep's clothing'
{or in this case, a sheep in sheep wool slippers}

no hidden agendas
no underlying meaning
nothing to be suspicious of
no need to read more into it

it is what it is
accept it

and that is my
Thought For The Day

Happy Friday Friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you friends for all your concern and love sent on my previous post of Banjo's diagnosis of Megacolon. To answer some of your questions on what Megacolon is:

Cat Megacolon is a bowel disorder. The colon of the cat is chronically dilated or enlarged because the nerves in the colon do not function properly. The causes of feline megacolon can be acquired through trauma for instance, congenital, or idiopathic (unknown). Clinical signs of feline megacolon in the cat can be simply chronic constipation. Other signs could be distended abdomen, not eating (clearly not one of Banjo's symptom), weight loss (nope, not this one), vomiting (oh ya), nausea, straining to defecate (yes), painful defecation (yes indeed), and rectal prolapse from constant straining. Megacolon usually shows up in middle aged and older cats, usually short-haired males, but can appear in cats as young as three and four years old.

For now, the special food and medication is working just fine and he is having no symptoms. Eventually he will have to go on a 3rd medication (hopefully not for a long time) and then perhaps one day surgery might have to be done. But we won't think about that right now. :)

To learn more about Megacolon (click this link)

27 comments:

It's me said...

Happy friday darling..........love Ria...

Forever Foster said...

That is a great thought.
We are sorry to hear about Banjo's diagnosis. We are sending you both lots of love and purrs, and hope it is very stable for a long long time.

Kerri said...

I LOVE your thought for the day! So sorry about your kitty :(

BeadedTail said...

That thought for the day is one that I need to think of more often!

Thanks for explaining Banjo's condition. We're still sending lots of purrs to him and we're thankful he has such a wonderful mom taking care of him!

Brian said...

That was a great post! Purrs to Banjo.

Sylvia said...

Oh Catherine, I've just read about Banjo, I'm so sorry !
Glad the food and medication is working.
I'm sure you take good care of him.
Nice weekend and hugs to sweet Banjo !
Sylvia

Becca said...

Oo, looks like a whole store just for those type of slippers...love them! Hard to find in the desert. Ha. Happy Friday!

Jacqueline said...

Cute photo!...Just go where the day takes you :)...Thanks for the information about Banjo and his condition; we hope that beautiful boy continues to respond to the meds and feels better every day...Happy Friday, lovely friend, kisses to your sweet boy.

Katnip Lounge said...

I read the link...it sounds like Banjo is on track for good health. I'll keep him in my kitty prayers. Did you know that Dewey the Library Cat also had megacolon? He lived to be 19!

Your quote was great and the photo even better!

Teresa Evangeline said...

And an excellent thought it is. Thank you.

S. Etole said...

thanks for the thought and for the info on Banjo ... hope your week-end is a good one

Ann said...

That is a very good thought for the day. Cool picture too. Wish I had a pair of those slippers.

BumbleVee said...

I'm so glad Banjo is doing alright.... as long as he seems happy enough and is enjoying life.... so far so good.....

.. and..... Happy Friday Cst....hahahha....that sheep is pretty funny.... worth a laugh just to see it...

The Island Cats said...

Haha! We love that picture!!

And we're sorry to hear Banjo has megacolon. We hope he continues to do well.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Catherine, Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea what Megacolon was.... Glad Banjo can be helped through the medication... Bless his heart!!!!! Hope he won't need surgery.

Have a nice weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Thanks for telling us what Megacolon is. I hope the food and medicine continues to work well for Banjo...

Have a great weekend! (I love the photo...)

Lin said...

Happy Weekend, pally!

Carole said...

Brilliant picture :) poor kitty :(

I am Cat's Mom said...

Hello from your mother!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love this thought at the end of my Saturday and I could use those slippers, I can't find mine!!

I hope you're having a good weekend!

Laurie said...

Great thought for the day Catherine!! Thanks for the info on Megacolon. With 4 cats it's something I should know about! I'm happy Banjo is responding well!

*Ingrid* said...

Hello Catherine,I love the post and picture of your friend Banjo,lucky he is alright so I understaind?my english is not so good....

have a beautiful sunday
Ingrid

bad penny said...

Poor Banjo. I love your thought for the day. Sometimes yes things simply are what they seem but sadly not always.

Lesley said...

Banjo is a lucky boy to have you to care for him and do all the right things to keep him well. Glad he's doing fine on the medication.

wildcatwoodscats said...

Lovely post - my cat Minnie has many of Banjo's symptoms and the vet has been treating it as IBS - how did they diagnose megacolon? I know dogs with it but no cats.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

awww, poor boy. Glad to hear the meds are working. I have 3 on daily meds, I know how expensive they can get...but whaterya gonna do? They're our babies ♥♥
*hugs*deb

Julie Magers Soulen said...

Very wise! Sometimes it is easy to over think a situation. Thanks!

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails