Sunday, July 11, 2010

Great Leap

Kat from Kat's Corner is having a "Great Leap Challenge" with a prize! It's not too late to enter ~ so check her out!

You are to write a post about a 'great leap' being either the bravest thing you have ever done or something you are still dreaming of. Now being a very low key ~ don't take any chances kind of gal that I am, it took me awhile to think of anything 'brave' or any 'great leap' that I have ever done.

I guess I took a big 'leap of faith in love' in April of 1987. Wayne and I had been having a long distance relationship for 7 months when I quit my job and moved to another province/city to be closer to him. It worked out pretty good as about another 6 months after that we got engaged, got married a year later, moved to Swift Current, had a baby and have been married for almost 22 years!

So far it's worked out pretty good! ;)


Thanks for letting me play Kat!

9 comments:

Brian said...

I'll just have to say hello to Banjo, I haven't made any great leaps, only up on the counter once.

Kat_RN said...

What a sweet story, thanks for playing, I will announce the winner by Wednesday evening.
Kat

Donna said...

oh what a very sweet picture of you and Wayne. I would say that it was a brave venture that turned out extremely well for you!

as always Donna K

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Due to a series of events I had to take a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon without my hubby...I was absolutely terrified, but determined I was going to do it. It was the most exhilirating thing I've ever done!

BeadedTail said...

Cute photo! You two were so young! I'm glad you took the leap for love and that it has worked out so wonderfully!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh--I love that picture of the two of you.. 22 years of LOVE AND JOY... How great is that... And you have that precious son, which is part of the two of you!!!!!!

Neat post, Catherine.
Hugs,
Betsy

Stacey Dawn said...

What a beautiful portrait!
Congratualations on your Leap!!

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations on your happy, successful marriage, Catherine!...That's a beautiful photo and a great story, a wonderful leap of faith that paid off with a joyful life full of precious moments and a lifetime of love!...Happy week sweet friend.

ilovemyhouse said...

What a cute picture! The way you have your hand on his shoulder and that dreamy look in your eyes. I can understand that this marriage turned out a good one.
So it's back at work today for you, hang in there it's Friday soon :))) XX

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails