Thursday, May 13, 2010

Life is Good

Sweet Alina over at The Purple Caravan bestowed on me the "Life is Good" award the other day. If you've never visited her before, pop over and say hello! She has wonderful poetry, wise words and visual loveliness abound!
So here are the questions she wanted answered...OK Alina...here it goes!
1- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I have about 9 pairs of shoes. I actually don't even really like shoes {gasp!!}. I know, it's very un-lady like of me ~ but I don't. Never have. I only buy shoes if I really really need a pair.

2- What foreign countries have you visited?
As I don't think the United States is counted as a foreign country to Canada (more like cousins I think...ha!), the answer is none. Zero. No foreign countries. As I don't like flying, my traveling is a bit limited. And as I hate being away from home for more then a couple of days, I tend not to stray too far!

3- Which day of the week do you like the most and why?
I have to go with Friday. I know ~ how very unoriginal ~ but when you work full-time, Monday to Friday ~ oh that Friday feels so good!

4- If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
Sensitive ~ my feelings get hurt very easily. :(

5- What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
Excluding getting married to my hubby, birth of my son, adoption of my cat??? Hmmm.... I would have to say when we bought our house and was no longer renting and could therefore paint my walls any color I liked. No more living with 'beige' walls for me!! I went a little crazy with color for the first few years. Wayne thinks this computer room is 1/2 foot smaller then when we originally bought our house due to all the coats of paint I have on the walls ~ oh Stanley ~ don't exaggerate! Ha!

6- What crazy things do you dream of trying someday?
I don't dream of anything to wild and crazy ~ I am not a very adventurous person ~ but ~ I do dream of owning an acreage with a heated barn (I do live in Saskatchewan after all...very cold in the winter...) where I could keep a whole bunch of different animals. Of course, there would be plenty of cats (all spayed and neutered!!!) but I would also have rabbits, a couple of sheep, a goat or two, some chickens, a few dogs, a couple of pigs, maybe a miniature pony, oh and the list goes on and on. I would then take bookings for a petting zoo. Yup...that would be my dream! :)

7- What three things would you take with you to a deserted island?
Hmmm...first I would have to question why I was on a deserted island when I don't like traveling! :) But, if I was stranded on one, the 3 things I would want with me are my camera, my computer and my toothbrush.

8- What is the one thing that you love the most about yourself?
My skin! I've never really had problems with acne growing up, I've never been a sun worshipper, I always use moisturizer, I've never really worn much make-up, I've never smoked, and SO FAR I don't have too many wrinkles...and I plan to keep it that way! Except for 'laugh lines' of course. You MUST have LOTS of them as you age ~ it's a good sign that you have lived well...don't you think? ;)

9- What do you do when you are feeling sad or depressed?
Sadly...I eat...which then makes me more sad and depressed because I gain weight so easily!

10- What is your idea of fun?
When Wayne and I go on a Saturday morning photo shoot in his truck, with a Timmy's coffee and steeped tea! (I'm really not too hard to entertain...)

Thank you again Alina ~ that was fun ~ you are just the sweetest!

Gosh ~ it's always so hard to pass these things on as there are so many lovely bloggers out there. But there are a couple of friends I would like to take the Life is Good award and answer the following questions:

1. If you had to live with only one color for the rest of your life ~ what color would it be?
2. What is your idea of a 'perfect' day?
3. If money wasn't a concern, what would your 'dream job' be?
4. If you could only choose one food to eat for the rest of your life ~ what food would you choose?
5. Favorite story book from your childhood?
6. Favorite song from your teenage years?
7. If they were making a movie of your life ~ who would you want to play your part?
8. Someone famous you would like to meet?
9. One modern convenience you would have a hard time living without?
10. One modern convenience you wish someone would invent?

The blogger friends I would like to find a little bit more about are:
* Luiza over at Feelings
* Flaviana over at Maison des Lilas

If you gals have already had this one or are too busy to play ~ that's OK ~ not to worry!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

12 comments:

Katy Noelle said...

Fun, Cat! Somehow, I think that, even though we sort of bare our souls when we blog, we miss some of the basic things that people really need to know about us. (I'm giggling at the moment, you know.) I kind of can't wait to fill mine out, but am biting my nails a bit about coming up with 10 questions.

I loved hearing more about you and, of course, congratulations!

Love, Me

Alina said...

I knew that learning new things about you would be fun and interesting :0) I love your "crazy idea" Sounds like a perfect way to live! Thank you for the kind compliments. Have a beautiful day XX

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Catherine, I enjoyed learning more about you. I too don't care for shoes much ---and only buy shoes which are comfy and only when I need them.

My dream is to live on the top of a mountain in a log cabin ---with a great view of the valley below. I'm not really an animal person ---but I do love all of my backyard birds.

When we bought our home, we painted everything beige ---to get away from all of the colors. Funny, huh???? I'm such a plain jane!!!! ha

Have a great day. How's the Mac?
Hugs,
Betsy

Brian said...

That was a cool list you came up with and I enjoyed it!

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on your award! It was so fun learning more about you too! I also don't have a thing for shoes and am very sensitive. And I think your dream of being on acreage with lots of critters sounds perfect!

Lin said...

Oh, those were good questions and good answers. Not the typical meme. :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love these lists and finding out more about people and finding that you have things in common!!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

I love how open your answers are, Catherine! So nice to get to know you a little better... and your questions are revealing, too! :-)

Jacqueline said...

A fun post, Catherine; nice to learn more about you!...Great questions for your friends too!...Have a very happy Friday!

Linens and Royals said...

Beige walls should be banned, and maybe the colour beige too.

Anya said...

Nice list Catherine
(I don't also not like shoes hehe..)
Nice to know more about you !!

Have a happy weekend
:)

Luiza said...

Thank you for this beautiful award, I so enjoy gettin it!!!
I feel chosen =).

I will make a post , as soon as I can. I love this game, and knowing all the things about you!

Have a wonderful day, sweet friend!
Hugs/
Luiza

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails