Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Crafty Idea ~ A Blogger Award ~ And a Preview

A friend of my mother-in-law ~ who's garden ideas I featured in the post "Exploring a Neighbour's Garden" last year, had another crafty idea when I visited her garden the other weekend. An old window, with crystals from an unused kitchen chandelier, hung up in a tree.

While this photo does not do it justice, just imagine standing under this majestic beauty of a tree with the sunbeams sparking and dancing all around you on a glorious sunny day. Heaven! I intend to make this my crafty project for when I have holidays in July!
And on to other lovely things...
My dear cat friend Brian from Brian's Home, bestowed on me an award I have never received before: The Versatile Blogger award! Thank you Brian! If you haven't yet ~ check him out ~ he is one cool kitty with a lot of fur-sisters keeping him in line!!!

The rules:
Rule 1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
Rule 2. Share 9 things about yourself.
Rule 3. Pass the award along to 9 bloggers who you think are fantastic.
Rule 4. Contact Blog award winners.

Wow ~ I always feel that I have already 'spilled the beans' on my life and that you know all about me already. But here it goes...I dug into my 'closet' to see what else I could come up with. So ~ 9 things you may not know about me:

1. I hate riding escalators or elevators ~ but I'm too lazy to take the stairs.
2. I cry while watching the ASPCA commercials...especially the ones with Sarah McLachlan singing in the background.
3. I got heck from my dentist for using Crest White Strips too often...love the white teeth!
4. I've been dying my hair to hide my grays since I was 23 years old...it's scary how white my roots are now.
5. I often wear socks to bed...even during the summer.
6. I played with my Barbie's until I was 13 years old.
7. I hate salmon salad sandwiches but would 'gag' it down in order not to be rude if you served it to me.
8. I hate spaghetti and would NOT 'gag' it down in order not to be rude if you served it to me.
9. I love drinking tea and eating toast while watching TV in bed...crumbs can always be wiped onto the floor! :) {shhh...don't tell my mother...!}

Well now ~ the hard part ~ passing the award on to 9 bloggers I think are fantastic. How does one pick only 9 when there are so many lovely blogs out in the blogasphere?? But here it goes:

1. Connie ~ Just Bloggin' Along... ~ a warm hearted fellow Saskatchewan gal with a new grand-baby and a house full of love!
2. Anya & Kareltje ~ Kareltje en ikke ~ fun photos with funny thoughts and her kitty is so cute too!
3. Stacey Dawn ~ Addicted to the Click ~ gorgeous inspiring photos with inspirational thoughts!
4. Penny ~ The Hen House ~ bestowed upon me the kreativ blogger award awhile ago ~ she's a busy gal who always has something interesting on the go!
5. Lin ~ Duck & Wheel With String ~ this gal always gives me a laugh ~ and she has a couple of beautiful kitties too!
6. Katy ~ In The Sunny Spot ~ a new blogger friend who loves her home and sharing what she sees in the world ~ and she has some new baby chickens!
7. Alina ~ The Purple Caravan ~ she shares wonderful photos with insightful and inspirational thoughts ~ check her out!
8. Deb ~ Dragonfly Treasures ~ she's crafty and creative and she shares my love of buttons!
9. Vicki ~ Vicki's Bit-o-Earth ~ she's one proud grandma with a growing brood of chicks!

Thank you again Brian!

And ~ as a preview for what's to follow this week ~ I hope you can pop back on Thursday when we celebrate Banjo's Adoption Day ~ his 'Gotcha Day'! (Much more important then the day of his birth ~ don't you think?) We are doing something super special to celebrate his 9 years with us. We hope you can join us!

Have a lovely evening blogger friends!

24 comments:

S. Etole said...

what a magical idea ... and congratulations on your award ...

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Congrats on the award!! I also have to comment and say I LOVE the list!! I think because several of your 9 things are ones I could have written too--Especially #5!!
THANKS for sharing a little bit about yourself!! Hope your week is going well!!

Katy Noelle said...

Thank you, Cat!!!! It's just so silly of me but, sometimes, I worry if everyone's gotten really tired of me. This is suuuuuuper encouraging. Also, this is a very complimentary award - thanks, thanks, thanks!

AND

Congratulations to you! You're so funny! I remember, one of the first posts of yours had to do with age and growing in wisdom and I thought, "this lady is so great and soooo funny and so down to earth!"

It's like you said, "to whoever invented blogs, thank you!"

Love, Me xxo

Katy Noelle said...

Oh, and, I've been worried about you ever since your last post! *I* neeeeever worry ~ you shouldn't either!!! (Okay, okay, actually, the truth is that I have the opposite problem. I'm totally unaware of when it's time to get a move on on the anxiety. I just float along. Oh, except for the things that make me really, really anxious!) I hope the book is a blessing!

Lin said...

Thanks, pally!! It was nice to be so honored by you--a fav blog of mine. :) I'm glad we found each other!

Catherine said...

Oh no Katy ~ never worry about a worrier! Then we have to worry about other people worrying about us! haha!

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Congratulations on the Award Cat!
I love your blog and are most deserving.
and thank you for choosing my blog! So sweet of you!

Love your list and can relate to most of it. ;)

Hoping you had a almost worry free day ;)

*hugs*deb

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Catherine, Although I don't participate in awards and tags anymore, I do enjoy reading what others write. I didn't know there was anyone in the world who didn't like Spaghetti.... It's not my favorite--but I do like it...

I can cry watching things on TV also---especially if the music is one of those emotional ones...

Have a great Wed.
Hugs,
Betsy

Stacey Dawn said...

Hi Cat! Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for thinking of me and passing it along! I am so honored!

However, (I cringe as I write this) I don't participate in tags or awards...I'm so sorry -but appreciate the thoughts so much!

And - as a side note: one of my best friends HATES spaghetti too...and refuses to eat it - period!

Alina said...

My dear Catherine, thank you so much for thinking of me! I really appreciate it! Your answers, as usual, are so funny and unique :0)
The window idea is awesome, you must let us see the results when you are done! Again, thank you for the Award but most of all, thank you for being a friend XXX

Connie said...

YAY!! My very first award!! I am honoured! Thank you so much for thinking of me! xx

ilovemyhouse said...

Hi dear friend, what a great idea from your mother in law. Congrats on the award, you deserve it!I always loveyourposts because of the honesty and down to earth style. xx

bad penny said...

oooh thank you - what a pretty award - congratulations !

The eating salmon made me giggle.

When we were young my best friend & I were always sleeping over at each others houses...ne time her mum served liver & mashed potato up. I explained that I culdn't eat liver. She said, " Don't be so silly, cover it with mash & eat it up "


I was sick ALL night ( and she had to clear it up !!!!! )

bad penny said...

PS ! the window is beautiful

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

That window is stunning, Do have fun in July making one of those, will definitely be a fun project!
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday, Catherine. xx

Forever Foster said...

What a wonderfully creative window. It must be quite spectacular in person.
Concatulations on your award :)

Laurie said...

I love that window idea, and I'm so with you on the commercials. I can't watch them, they break my heart.

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations on your award; I really loved your list!...I'm looking forward to checking out your special post on Thursday for gorgeous Banjo!

Luiza said...

Congratulations to another award!!!
Must feel nice to reciev them , especially a new one, you´ve never seen before.

I feel a bit bad conscience, for not posting about my award yet, and I ´ve recieved two more since then =P...
Soon, my friend, soon....

Wish you a wonderful day!
Hugs/
Luiza

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on your award! I always love reading your lists! I'm to the point where if I even hear a snippet of that Sarah McLachlan song I cry and think of that awful commercial. So sad!

We can't wait until Banjo's Gotcha Day celebration!

Marilyn said...

Tea in bed, oh joy!

Thanks for visiting me at Delights of the Heart. Love your Banjo too. I have my Joey. I need to put his picture on the sidebar like Banjo is placed.

katrina lauren said...

i am so in love with that window high up in the tree top...when i have a tree to call my own the hunt for a window will begin!
xo.
k

Jaime said...

Wow! How interesting...what is it about spaghetti that you don't like? Is it cause they are like worms? Is it the texture? It is one of my most favourite comfort foods!

Congratulations on the award! I couldn't help but notice you have quite a collection of beautiful awards...and I know why. Your blog is delightful and full of sweet humour. I have missed you!

And I love that window hanging in the tree! I wish I had a tree to hang things like that in. I would love to hang jar lanterns from the branches and have small dinner parties under them. Sigh..one day I will have a house with my very own tree.

Nishant said...

what a magical idea
PPC Advertising India

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails