Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Confused Bird ~ Confused Cat

Last night I realized there was a hurt and confused Brewer's Blackbird sitting on my patio. He sat there for a few hours and I was afraid he was was going to become prey for the neighbourhood night cats. I know he's 'only a bird' but I didn't think it was fair that he was sitting out there in the open with absolutely no protection. After all, he helps keep the mosquito population down!
So I picked him up and moved him to my garden arbour. Overturned the big bird house (as he was too big to fit in the hole, gave him access to a little water and some bird seed, and he was still sitting there last night when I went to bed. It's dark out still, so I'm not sure if he is still there. But I am sure he is more comfortable then he was sitting on the cold patio cement!
And on to the 'Confused Cat'. So iMac users ~ what photo program do you use? Being a true fan of "Photoshop", I am finding the iPhoto doesn't do it for me. Suggestions? Or perhaps I will just purchase a new Photoshop.

Happy Wednesday!

12 comments:

Paul C said...

I have been seeing some great Photoshop work being done on blogs. I wish I knew the skills. It should be on my future learning curve.

Brian said...

Our mac went over the bridge so we are back to the dark side...but we liked photoshop.

S. Etole said...

iPhoto works for organizing photos but if you know Photoshop that will probably be your best bet. I've heard that "Lightroom" is another good program but I don't have any personal experience with it.

Jacqueline said...

Sweet of you to care for the bird; I hope he is better soon and can fly on his own...I've never used photoshop or iPhoto!!...Good luck with that!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a lovely bird!! I've never seen one like that before. I would have done the same thing you did or tried to make a pet out of it!! Let us know how it turns out!!

Deb said...

Hope the birdy is ok. Good for you to help it to safety. Never had either, no help here. Deb

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Thanks for helping that little bird. Obviously, something happened to him. Wonder if he hit a window and was stunned. Keep us posted.

We won't use iPhoto much either --but we have PIcasa and Photoshop Elements 8. And --the 'preview' on the mac has some good fixes if you are in a hurry.

We love the mac or me mail, both Firefox and Safari, the address book, iCal (wonderful), iTunes, Text Edit, etc....

Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy from Tennessee said...

One good thing about iPhoto is that you can put your pictures into folders in there ---and if you want to make a photo album, you can upload them to iWeb. iWeb is really good for photos --much better IMO than Flickr, etc.

I also use PICTURES in my finder to organize folders where I keep all of my photos.

Hugs,
Betsy

BeadedTail said...

We hope the bird is okay today. Thank you for putting him in a safer place for the night!

bad penny said...

lovly bird with the blue shimmer - hope he is Ok.

Billy just lost weight as he grew up - puppy fat we'd call it here!
He is a year old now, moulting like mad & getting his adult hair.

m.e (Cathie) said...

love the bird story, photos are amazing Catherine!
how are you going with the iMAC, I am a PC girl so would be lost without photoshop!!

Connie said...

Pretty birdie! I hope he is ok!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails