Monday, April 19, 2010

Random Photos ~ Random Confessions

There's a few things I have to get off my chest.
I hope you don't mind me sharing my confessions with you.
Here it goes:

Confession # 1:
These are my favorite cookies at the moment. They are 'healthy' and 'good for you'...so I feel it's OK to eat 8 of them at a time.
Confession #2:
I hate yard work. While I love flowers and plants and all the little critters that come with owning a yard, I can not stand the work of it. If Wayne said right now "Let's sell our house and move into a condo without a backyard.", I could be packed by mid-night if I started right now.

Confession #3:
Don't tell my other lawn ornaments, but Puss n' Boots is one of my most favorite. I would find room for him on my patio in the new Condo. Some of the others would be sold at a garage sale....{shhhh...don't tell them...}

Confession #4:
My craft room is a mess at the moment. I crafted the other day and didn't have time to clean it up. Before I can start another project, I have to clean it up and get organized. I can't work in a mess. My creativity plummets if my crafts are not organized. Having anything disorganized is embarrassing to me. {If you look in my closet you will find my clothes on matching, evenly spaced hangers, hanging in 'rainbow' order...yes...I am a bit persnickety...I know...it's a sickness...} Cleaning up my craft room is on my 'to do' list for this coming weekend.

Confession #5:
I hate cooking. I am a horrible cook. While I get in the mood to bake once in awhile and the results are usually yummy, cooking a meal is very stressful to me. This is my Poppy Seed Chicken and Fruit that I make at least once every two weeks. It has peaches and pears and sometimes I add in apples. It's actually pretty good. Kurtis hates it. Wayne and I love it. I make it on an evening Kurtis isn't going to be home
. This and cooking frozen chicken fingers with Kraft Dinner are the only two meals I make well.
Confession #6:
I usually wait too long to throw out dead flowers. I always feel guilty that they have given me so much beauty and then I dishonor them by throwing them into the garbage. I always wonder if it hurts their feelings. I think this one in particular still has a few more good days in it and can sit on my kitchen window sill for awhile longer. It's not so bad looking.

Confession #7:
I have lost hope that my "Spring in a TinCan" will ever amount to any flowers. But due to Confession #6, I can not bring myself to throw it out.

24 comments:

Lin said...

Well, maybe you can stick the contents of the tin can out in the yard and you can take care of them out there--or not. They might bloom outside.

I don't mind yard work because it just pays off so much. I wouldn't like living in a condo I don't think. I would miss the lawn. We have a little yard, so that makes it a bit easier to manage.

BeadedTail said...

It was fun reading your confessions! You are very much like me in many ways - except for the closet organization!

I always have so many hopes and plans for the yard but when it comes to actually doing the yardwork, I realize how much I don't like it. I don't find it fun at all.

I also hate to cook and simply don't do it because it stresses me out. My husband finds it relaxing so he does all the cooking. I will bake from time to time as I do find that enjoyable.

Studio Sylvia said...

How honest! My room was a mess but I spent a little time tidying up this morning and it looks better. Like you. I love adding plants to the garden however pulling weeds is a pain!

Stacey Dawn said...

Fun confessions.

My closet sounds like yours - but my craft room could use your touch!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Catherine, I love reading your confessions... I don't like cooking either --but I can cook (when I have to). Luckily, I married a man who loves to cook...

I am different from you when it comes to yardwork. I LOVE it---absolutely love it. I hate housework --and would stay in the yard all of the time if possible.

Your Poppy Seed Chicken and Fruit looks really good. I can understand why Wayne likes it....

I've never heard of that cookie.... My favorite cookie is Peanut Butter. I could eat a million!!! ha

Have a great Tuesday.
Hugs,
Betsy

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Well, unless you're really moving to a condo, I have a suggestion for relieving the guilt of #6... try composting. It's really quite easy to get a small pile going and it will do wonders for the garden in which you hate to toil! ;-)

Duchess of Tea said...

WOW!! Loved your confessions. Darling, if I lived close by I would do your gardening and cooking, they are two of my favourite things to do.

Sleepless in England tonight
Love & Hugs
Duchess

Jacqueline said...

I enjoyed your confessions, they were fun to read!...Those cookies have calcium and every woman needs lots of calcium, so 8 at a time is probably just enough...and I have a big yard and hate yard work too!...Have a happy week Catherine.

Forever Foster said...

I have a small courtyard and it still looks terrible! The only thing that grows well are the weeds. Your Spring in a Tin Can still looks very cute:)

Luiza said...

This is a really good post!
I´m laughing a bit , since I recognize myself in many things...
For example the garden work...
The cookies...
Crafting space...
Hehehe...

Hey, Stanley made you the most wonderful gardentable ever!!!

Now, I wish you a wonderful day!
Hugs/
Luiza

ilovemyhouse said...

Love to cook, love my garden, totally unorganized! Funny, i still think we would be great friends if you lived closer. Guess we could help each other then.xx

4smartmonkeys said...

What a fun post!
Cooking is great, gardening is pretty interesting, but I am perhaps the most unorganized person you will meet.
I would keep Puss in boots also, he's wonderful!

Alina said...

We ARE kindred spirits! No doubt! I too hate cooking, have a "color coded" wardrobe (quite puzzling to my family :0) and I also feel bad throwing away dead flowers. It's too funny. You're great xx

Brian said...

I have a confession too...I really liked your confessions!

Flaviana said...

Catherine, I love this kind of posts! I think we have a lot in common because I hate yard work too,I'm not a good cook and hate throwing away flowers .. but that is because I'm lazy:))
p.s. You're always the most welcome to come and go travelling with me!!
Hugs,
your friend
Flaviana

Paul C said...

Very entertaining. We just threw out some droopy flowers that had been standing around far too long too. One of my confessions is I love to garden this time of year, but I hesitate to clean out the garden shed until something falls on my head.

Hot Rocks said...

What fun reading your confessions! I too love to garden but hate all those yard chores! I do like to cook, however my craft room is a mess right now as well. Seems like it always gets very messy when I am preparing for a show. Puss n'Boots is very cute...I would keep him too!

S. Etole said...

it's what makes us all so very unique ...

Marg said...

WEll I guess I am the weirdo. I do like to do yard work. And I hate to do house work.
We love that cat yard ornament. That is really special.
Love the fact that you keep the dead flowers. It is sad to throw them away.
Hope you have a great day.

Deb said...

After reading your confessions I feel better about my many hang-ups, dislikes and irritating habits. Aren't we all just so unique. I would keep Puss & Boots too - that's cute.

Connie said...

Those confessions could have been my confessions also - dead flowers and all...lol

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Great post, Catherine. Your craft room is fabulous!

Have a happy Wednesday. xoxo

Kerri said...

OH I LOVE your confessions!! I hate yard work and house work for that matter!!
Your images are fabulous!

Linens and Royals said...

Well I thought that 'spring in a tin can' sounded too good to be true, but don't throw it out yet just in case it comes to life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails