Sunday, March 7, 2010

Katrina & I ~ Saturday Morning Photoshoot

Early yesterday morning (8:20 am ~ very early for Miss K!) Katrina and I jumped into Wayne's truck with our cameras, picked up some Timmy's and headed South for a photoshoot!

Don't tell Stanley, but she was eating a Sausage English Muffin in his truck...(tsk tsk)...and I also spilled some of my Steeped Tea as well...(but if he asks...I'm blaming it on her...ha!).
The farther South we drove, the more snow there was. We knew we weren't going to get any 'spring like' pictures when we ended up at Lac Pelletier and there was ice fishing going on! Are you kidding me?!? We decided we don't 'get' ice fishing. Sitting in those teeny tiny trailers when you could be relaxing by the fire in one of those beautiful cabins? We think not!
We decided to make the best of it and try to find something to take pictures of. Of course, there are always lots of dried flowers and plants peeking out of the snow.
And what would the Prairies be without old farm equipment laying abandoned in fields along the way.
We stopped to take pictures of an old house. The snow was a little misleading at how deep it was until you fell through. I'm pretty sure you could hear us laughing miles down the road:

"Look, the snow is hard enough for us to walk on. Come on..." A surprised cry "bwahaha...ha ha...I'm OK...I'm back up. It was just...bwahahaa...I'm down again...." and on this went for at least 15 minutes to the old house and 15 minutes back to the truck. Our feet and legs were frozen ~ but we laughed and laughed!

Old barns, building and fences always make for good pictures.
And of course, when you have nothing else to take pictures of, there are always some cows around.


Thanks for the most enjoyable morning Katrina ~ my sides still hurt from laughing so hard!

Note: You should be able to check out Katrina's blog
kat's cradle later for more photos. Probably much later...she's not quite the early riser that I am! {xxoo to you Katrina!}

22 comments:

Brian said...

Those pictures were totally pawsome...burrrrr, even the cows looked a bit cold.

丹妮 said...

Oh Catherine, you wake up early even on the weekend? You and Katrina sure get into a lot of trouble! ;) Haha I know what you mean by suddenly dropping into the snow, it happens to me quite frequently, thus why I'm glad I have boots on when it happens! Your pictures are lovely taken and placed into your photo frames. :) Have a great day!!

P.S. You should come out to Regina for a visit, I only have one more visit to Swift Current and then I won't be back until school/finals end and I have to start moving back to Swift. ;) Ah, the life of a student. :)

XOXO
丹妮

S. Etole said...

what a fun day with lots of great pictures ...

Jacqueline said...

Those are wonderful pictures...Glad you guys had a good time; isn't that what real happiness and joy are all about=making the most of what you've got, not necessarily what you want.

Connie said...

What a fun way to spend a Saturday morning and what wonderful photos to remember the day!

katrina lauren said...

good morning friend....er um...afternoon rather! boy i sure had to sleep in to catch up on my zzzz from such an early saturday morning! ha. i have to still post my photos...as no surprise to you i'm sure. thanks for the fun day...always laughter with us and i love it!
xo.
k

Lin said...

Those are GREAT photos and it was fun to relive your morning adventures through them! You got some great shots and I like the collages. I'm a bit tired of snow, aren't you?

4smartmonkeys said...

Lovely photos! I'm not an early riser, but I'm learning :0

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Catherine, Looks like you and Katrina had a great time together. I loved seeing you all in the DEEP snow... The farm pictures were great --but then again, so were all of them. Glad you had such a nice day.
Hugs,
Betsy

BeadedTail said...

I loved seeing your photos and hearing about your day! Looks like a wonderful day out with Katrina enjoying the winter scenery!

Linens and Royals said...

Ice Fishing and Knee deep snow!!! hard for me to imagine, but looks fun....

Forever Foster said...

You have a real eye for photographs, they are lovely. It sounds like you had a great day:)

kittykye said...

That looks and sounds like it was fun!! The pictures turned out great, even if they're still snowy (green is coming, green is coming)! ;) The cows are so cute!

Hot Rocks said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! I am with you on the ice fising...would much rather be in the luxurious cabin by the fire! I too have lots of dead dried plants on my property!!

Elie's Papel said...

great winter images... love the black and white ones!

Hazydaisy said...

This looks like a fun day! Like you I'm not sure about the pleasure in the ice fishing though- it looks like a cold sport!

Jaime said...

You got so many great shots!
But I have to say, I was most excited (for you) when I saw that first picture and saw some ground without any snow on it.
Spring is coming! Even to Sask!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Great Post! Love all these mosaics!! Your a superb photographer!!! xo

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Love all your mosaics! What a fun time you two had. Especially love the old barn & fence one, the cows too! Thats the country girl comming out in me ;~)
Have a great day!
*hugs*deb

Prints the Cat said...

You are so artsy! You can turn anything into art!

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a fun outing! And great photos, too!

Romantiska Hem said...

Åh så ljuva bilder!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails