Thursday, March 11, 2010

Better Than It Was A Year Ago

Thursday, March 11, 2010
Last year on this day I was up in North Battleford. I was away from my boys, in a hotel room, complaining about having my morning routine disrupted, no proper tea to make myself, and that there were windchill warnings of - 40c out!
One year later, I am at home, drinking my tea and on the computer, it's supposed to get up to + 4c today, I will be stopping by Timmy's on my way to work!

I shall not complain about the weather today...! :)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Morning Routine Disrupted ...and it was so cold out I couldn't talk myself into doing a 'Timmy's" run. But - not this morning! Even though there is windchill warnings of minus 40 out (Can you imagine? March 11 and there is windchill warnings out!!!), I will be heading out of my hotel room...

12 comments:

Lin said...

I'll take this year's forecast over last year's!! It's actually warm here. Okay, so it's raining--it beats snow. :)

The Monkeys said...

It's been warmer here too. It's nice to be in a better place than last year. Maybe your gratitude means you'll r-r-r-roll up the r-r-r-rim to win?

Brian said...

Yep, what a difference a year makes!

Hot Rocks said...

Did you win on "Roll up the Rim???"
On another note...we have a place out on Vancouver Island that we get out to a few times a year....(and hope to retire to), and we have a lady that takes care of the garden out there...so last night we were speaking with her on the phone and she tells us that the roses in our garden there, are all in bud! Can you believe it? We live in the wrong part of Canada, my girl!

Jacqueline said...

It's always good to appreciate the little things and realizing how good life is right now is no little thing!!...Hope it warms up there soon for you!...Glad you're having a great day!

S. Etole said...

and each day/year is wonderful in its own way ...

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

All i can say is: ENJOY, Enjoy the warmth on your face, enjoy not waring a hat and gloves....
Have a wonderful Spring like weekend! xo

Connie said...

We'll definitely take this weather over the -40 of last year! What a difference a year makes indeed!
I hope your Timmy's was extra good this morning and I hope your "roll up the rim" gave you much more than the chance to play again..lol. Happy Thursday my friend!! xx

BeadedTail said...

Today's forecast sounds way better than last year's plus it's good you are home with your boys and have your tea!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Catherine, I guess we can ALWAYS find a place where life is much worse than where we are now... When I get upset about our weather---all I have to do is to look around!!!!!!

We had a wonderful Birthday celebration and got home today!!! I'll post a blog tomorrow morning.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anya said...

Enjoy your tea :-)
Take care .....

(@^.^@)

Prints the Cat said...

That is neat you looked back at what you did one year ago.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails