Friday, February 19, 2010

Summery Critters

It would appear that Mother Nature was NOT getting serious as it is snowing this morning... again... sigh...

Enough said on the crappy weather. Let's start Friday off right! My friend Kat at
kats corner has come up with a fun idea. And I quote:
"So here is the challenge, post your favorite spring or summer photo to your blog, that's all. Easy stuff. Come on, show me. There aren't any prizes, I just want to see your favorites. Kat"

Wonderful idea Kat! And since I need extra cheering up this morning with the snow and all, I decided to repost 5 of my favorite little critters of Summer 2009! (are bugs critters??? hmmm....)

Here we have Stanley Squirrel! Hey little Stanley! I have mixed emotions as to whether or not I want you back. While you are horribly sweet, you chase my birds away and eat all their food. Naughty squirrel! But you are so cute!

Ewww...remember Spidey? She was one of the first pictures I took with my new Macro Lens. GAAK! I guess you are welcome back...sort of...
Oh sweet little Yellow Finch. How I miss thee. I await the return to my bird feeders. You are pure sunshine!
Hey Miss Lady Bug! I hope you are able to come out of hiding soon. You are always so pretty. Hi Dragonfly! If anything means 'hot summer day' to me ~ it's you. Loved sitting by the creek and taking your picture that day!

So there you have it. I hope you liked them. I know it brought a smile to my face thinking of being outside on those warm days taking these photos.

:)
see my smile?


Thanks again for the idea Kat! Have a lovely Friday everyone!

15 comments:

Forever Foster said...

What a lovely set of pictures. Stanley sure is a cutie! And we have never seen a finch look so bright.

The Monkeys said...

Great summery photos! Actually, I'm not fond of the spider...I have an unreasonable fear of them.

It's snowing here today too after being sunny and 'melty' for a whole week.

Brian said...

Oh my, I just love all those critters! Have a wonderful weekend!

S. Etole said...

sunny thoughts ... great photos

Jacqueline said...

Those are wonderful reminders of summer=love the beautiful squirrel and yellow finch pictures!...I wanted to mention I'm vey excited to have my babies featured on Wendy's LOL Spot today (we added a link at our site) and hope you will check it out if you get the chance...Thanks, have a great weekend!

Connie said...

Wonderful photos!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Cat, I'm sure you'll see all of those little critters again this summer... We have those stinkin' squirrels year round. The gorgeous Goldfinches are so pretty in summer --with their beautiful colors. We have more Goldfinches this year than last. So--hopefully we'll see them all summer also.

Hugs,
Betsy

BeadedTail said...

Those are all wonderful critters, well, except maybe for the spider but you made it even look lovely! I've never seen a black squirrel before but it's pretty! Our squirrels are gray.

koralee said...

Great images...I love the bird.So bright and beautiful. Love your blog. xoxoxo

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Great idea and wonderful pics! A terrific pic me up for the winter doledrums. Thanks Catherine!

MedaM said...

Lovely series of photos! The squirrel is so cute and the macro photo of spider is really interesting. A little bird is so cute and its yellor color is so brigh. I love ladybugs very much and this one is beautiful as well as the photo. I like a dragonfly and its lovely blue color. I've never managed to take a photos of this lovely creature of perfect construction.

SquirrelQueen said...

All of your summer critters are wonderful. My favorite of course is Stanley, how could anyone not love that cute little face. I'm looking forward to seeing all these critters and soon I hope.

Kat_RN said...

Oh Wow! I will be posting links to everyone who answered the challenge today. Your critters are great. Thanks for joining in.
Kat

Jaime said...

Little Stanley is adorable. I just posted a pic of my squirrely friend today...I named him Beans. He was completely full of beans that entire weekend. Very brave and very cheeky.

Speaking of brave..I worship you for getting so close to that spider you can see his eyeballs. Nice going. You couldn't pay me to get that close.

Beautiful creature pics.

Deb said...

Just stopped by your blog and happy I did. Lovely photographs and such a gorgeous cat. My business is caring for cats so please stop by and meet some of mine. Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails