Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Heart is Here


As snow falls outside again this morning and I think of friends and family off on winter holidays in warmer places, as much as I am tired of winter, there is no place I would rather be then home. I have no desire to be a world traveler. Flying is one of my least favorite things to do. Four days away from home seems to be my limit. The longest I have been away from home is 8 days where both of my boys were with me, and then 7 days where it was me and my BFF on a business trip. Both times I cried and cried when I finally got home. I don't know what it is. I can't explain it. You either get it or you don't.

While I do love getting away for a few days here and there, and I know my BFF faithfully looks after my kitty kat cat while we are gone, I do not like the thoughts of going too far.

Perhaps one day I will feel differently and go with Wayne to Pebble Beach CA to golf (errr...he would be golfing...I would be shopping...) or to the East Coast of Canada for what I anticipate would be beautiful photo opportunities.

But for now, my whole heart and soul is happy to be in my warm and comfy home with my love, my son and my cat...

15 comments:

S. Etole said...

I understand ... home is where my heart is, too ... {like that font}

Jacqueline said...

All journeys lead back to home=there's no place like home!!

The Monkeys said...

I'm a lot like you. I'd much prefer to be at home than traveling.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Catherine, I find that I'm becoming more of a home-body myself as I get older. YET--in my heart, I want to travel more and see the world... SO--it's just a fight within myself I guess!!!!

I do like our short trips like this past weekend. AND we are going to Arkansas next week. SO--we are still traveling, just not too far nor too long.

Hugs,
Betsy

Connie said...

I like to travel but it doesn't take long before I am ready to go home again. It's so true ..home is where the heart is!

MedaM said...

Home, sweet home, the best place in the world! I feel the same, yet I think it's great to see many other places and countries arround the world.

Brian said...

I'll bet Banjo could chase some of those golf balls!

Together We Save said...

I can understand I enjoy being at home, but if I can have my girls with me I can be happy traveling some.

BeadedTail said...

I love to travel and experience new places but I worry about my furbabies at home the entire time. My dad stays at our house to petsit and I call all through the day to check on everyone. If I could take them with me, I'd be happy as can be!

Your Daily Cute said...

Sounds like a great place. I love my home, too. Two cats and a cozy, happy place. What's better? :)

robynart said...

I'm the same, there's no place like home. At home I'm never bored I can always find so many creative things to do there are never enough hours to do them all. Home is such a comforting place for me...

teddy bears Marin to Venice said...

Hi Catherine,
have read post.... I am as you, away from house I withstand little!

An embrace

Rosarita

koralee said...

Home is the best...I agree. Have a great great cozy day. xoxox

Julie Magers Soulen said...

Home is definitely where the heart is. Although I love traveling, there is no place like home.

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography
Blog of Note

Jaime said...

I'm a home body too. And I feel the same way about airplanes. Magnificent structures they are, but I prefer to watch them from the ground.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails