Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Sunday Morning Blizzard

These are scenes from outside my house this morning. Let me remind you that we had no snow left in our front yard. There had even been a patch of green starting underneath our big tree.

No green outside today.

After helping 4 people get unstuck just around the corner from us, Wayne discovered something has punctured one of his tires. Off he goes through another snow bank to try and find somewhere to get it fixed so we can get to work tomorrow.

On his return home, he pushes another person out of a snow bank.

PEOPLE...STAY HOME!!!

What on earth is so important to be traveling on a day like today??
See the far away light in this picture below? That's a snow blow (believe it or not) out on the highway. I can usually see the trees in front of the highway. I can't this morning.
I can't see out my living room window.
No sunshine will be getting to my solar lights today.


Must ~
try ~
to find ~
some beauty ~
in all of this...
I phoned my mom to tell her and George about the storm we are having. She told me her and George were in their shorts, sitting in the hot sunshine waiting for their friends to come over as they were going to Mexico today...

I cursed her... {it was with love and she knew I didn't mean it!}

She told me she would buy me something nice...

I hope it's a pair of thick wool socks...

Come on Stanley...get back into the house...

Let's get back into bed and watch a movie...

17 comments:

I am Cat's Mom said...

Wow - you do have a huge pile of snow. I will be thinking of you when we are in Mexico while we are drinking a cool Marguerita in the hot Mexico sunshine. I love you.....

koralee said...

Oh my...and in Western B.C. we are having Spring like weather...we are the ones that need the snow. Winter Olympics will be very mild this year. Stay cozy!

Cat with a Garden said...

What an amount of snow! Going to Mexico would be just the thing right now.
Purrs!

Brian said...

Yes, it is very beautiful, but not as beautiful as a nice sunny day. Y'all keep safe and warm!

Alisa said...

Wow, how exciting! We had a little hail this last week and were overjoyed. It only lasted a few minutes, but my son was outside screaming with happiness. I think it is time for a trip to the mountains!

wildcatwoodscats said...

Sorry to hear you got more snow! And lots of it. We are having downpours - so glad it it warm enough that it is rain!

S. Etole said...

you did find the beauty ... I knew you would ...

4smartmonkeys said...

How beautiful! I do agree with staying home, I can't understand why someone wants to go out in tons of snow.
My husband is also the kind of man to help out other people, his truck has pushed and pulled all winter long.
Right now in South Central PA, we are getting lots and lots of rain.
Stay warm and cozy.

BeadedTail said...

You sure did get a lot of snow - wow! You did find the beauty though and now I hope you find warmth.

SquirrelQueen said...

Great photos, you found a lot of beauty in the storm. The weather has been so weird this winter. We should have snow like that but instead we had sixty degree temps last week.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys got a lot of snow! We got a mixture of rain and snow which resulted in a lot of slush. We're supposed to get more snow overnight, so we'll see what it's like in the morning.

Cindy

katrina lauren said...

cute post....gaak to the snow though! enough is enough already!
just wanted to let you know that i have given you the happy 101 award, so if you want to pop on over to pick it up i look forward to hearing about the 10 things that make you happy.....
xo.
k

Linens and Royals said...

Amazing photos, I would love to experiece weather like that. Well maybe just for a day or two, it is so HOT here.

Marlene said...

Wow! That is a ton of snow! And to think I would like to experience that first hand one day. I'm crazy, aren't I?

Stay warm!

kittykye said...

Holy smokes!! That is a crazy amount of snow. I feel for you!
Oddly (and hopefully not to jinx myself), we've been getting a strange amount of warm weather with rain. So strange for this time of year for us.
Hope you stay warm!!!

Jaime said...

Despite my craving for snow, I am really starting to sympathize with you. Too much of a good thing can really be too much, huh?

But you did indeed find some beauty in it all.

Prints the Cat said...

Wow, you're able to turn an outdoor faucet and a shovel into a work of art!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails