Susan, from Hot Rocks Glass Jewels, bestowed upon me the Kreativ Blogger Award. How sweet is she? Thank you Thank you Thank you Susan! A fellow Prairie Province girl ~ she too is suffering the harsh Canadian winter. She in Alberta and I in Saskatchewan. We’re practically neighbours! Check out the beautiful jewellery she makes and the awesome craft room she has (Dec 17/09 post). She rocks! (ummm yes...pun intended...)
The rules I must follow in accepting this award are:
1) Thank the person giving the award (check)
2) Copy award to your blog (check)
3) Place a link to their blog (check-a-roonie)
4) Name 7 things people don't know about you (see below)
5) Nominate 7 bloggers (only 7? Gosh...so many blogs that I love...)
6) Place a link to those bloggers (done-did-a-la-doodly)
7) Leave a comment on the blog letting them know about the awards (consider it done!)
So here it goes:
7 things people don't know about me – hmmm...this is a tough one. I always feel that my life is an ‘open book’. Let’s see...
1. I love my teeth! I spent my teenage years ensuring I never showed my teeth when I smile. I got braces when I was 21 and I loved every day of the 28 months that I had them on. I got them off two months before my wedding. I still miss them...
2. I have a soaker tub that is just shy of 24” deep. My ‘record’ for soaking in it is 2 hours and 5 minutes.
3. With the right amount of bubble gum, I can blow 5 bubbles inside one another.
4. I own 53 camisole tops. (That seems like a lot – no?)
5. I hate shoes. (‘gasp’...what???? says all the ‘normal’ ladies that are reading this...) I would prefer to stay bare footed. Well actually sock footed. I love socks.
6. I’m almost 45 years old and still love to watch cartoons.
7. I ‘screen’ my calls via call display.
The 7 blogs I Nominate Are:
Gosh ~ how do I choose? I have met so many wonderful people through so many great blogs in the last year and 1/2. I will pick at least one blog from each of my categories at the sides.
1. Kat’s Cradle – Katrina - this is a gal who was hired earlier last year to help me at work and soon became a wonderful friend who I truly cherish. She is going through some major life changes right now and I like to think that I came into her life at just the right time to help her through some of it. We ‘clicked’ from day one. Her blog is inspirational and full of lovely pictures ~ many of her sweet little pup Luka. Go say hello! to my very good friend.
2. The Crazy Cat Lady – kittykye – a sweet girl from Ontario with a big heart who fosters homeless kitties. We found each other in the blogosphere, she won my 500th post give away and we have communicated through e-mail a few times. How wonderful to make new friends that you would never have had an opportunity to meet otherwise. She just got a new camera for Christmas so I look forward to all the great pictures she will be posting. She will be fostering a new bunch of kitties very shortly. Click to her blog and wish her luck!
3. HazyDaisy’s Photographic Adventures – HazyDaisy – she’s crafty, has a cat and takes beautiful pictures ~ what more do you need? She’s from Scotland – how cool is that? She has photos on Flicker and sells stuff through Etsy. This gal is talented! Go take a peek at her lovely blog!
4. Just...a moment – S. Etole – inspiration to no end. And she enjoys the birds ~ which makes me enjoy her even more! Another faithful reader and follower who always makes time to leave me the most lovely and encouraging comments. She taught me not long ago that things are not always as they seem. She’s a beautiful person – please go say ‘hi’ to her through her most lovely blog!
Artsy Craftsy Good Stuff:
5. Daily Violets – Alisa – she has been one of my favorites for a long time and she was my first ‘unknown non-Canadian” follower. (I remember being so excited when I saw her little icon under my followers widget!) She recently had to give up chocolate and wine due to suffering from migraines ~ gaak!!! Poor girl! Her pictures are beautiful and she is a very crafty person as well. Check her out!
And then 2 more from my Mostly Cats – ‘cause you know I love my cat people:
6. The Adventures of Space Paws – Space Paws - behind this blog is a very beautiful person indeed. Like my friend kittykye above, this is a special person that was put on earth to make lives of homeless kitties a whole lot better. She keeps very busy fostering kittens until they are ready to be adopted by other wonderful people yet finds time to drop me a comment here and there. So please ~ go check Hubble Space Paws out and say hello!
7. Beaded Tail – Angel, Isabella and Sadie – these sweet 3 x four-legged friends have over 300 followers and get more then 30 comments a day on their posts and still make time to follow my little blog and make the most lovely comments almost every day. Their mom is a very talented gal who is also a crafty jewellery maker and seems to love spending lots of time with her fur-babies. Not only do they find time to blog ~ they find time to ‘tweet’ as well! Pop on over and say ‘hello’ to the three of them!
To the rest of you that are followers and faithful readers ~ I cherish each of you and am truly inspired when you leave a comment or simply pop in to have a peek! I truly nominate all of you as well!
To all my ‘Mostly Cats’ people (Brian – you make me laugh!)
To all my Inspiring Photography favorites (Jaime from rhayne and MedaM from Colored Garden – your pictures are so beautiful!)
To all my Good Stuff peeps (Cat Ludwig Studio – wishing you health! )
To all my Artsy Craftsy Good Stuff bloggers (Hot Rocks – again – thank you so much – keep warm!)
(que the music...)
You are all so inspirational and bring me joy when I read your blogs...
(enter beautiful size 0 model to haul this gal away from the awards podium...)
thank you...all my love to everyone today and always ~ Catherine