Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm going to try to...

I don't believe in making New Year's resolutions.
They are usually too unrealistic for a person to keep for the whole year.
Then you are disappointed that you failed yourself.

I like to think of things I am going to try to do differently
which includes trying to accept the things that
I know are unchangeable.

So here are my "try tos" for 2010:

I will try to keep the "spirit of Santa" the whole year through.
I want to try and give more time to my family and friends.
I would like try and volunteer more.

I want to try and eat more healthy.
I want to try and remember it's not about the weight,
it's about feeling good.
I want to accept that it's OK
not to eat everything on my plate.
I know that staring at an empty 'bowl'
waiting for the next meal
is not the best use of my time.

But I want to also try and remember
not to beat myself up
if I never get back into that smaller size.
That size 10 suit in my closet was expensive
but it is now out of style.
Why do I want to fit into it again?
I want to try and accept the fact that
as women, we all turn into our mothers.
I am proud of the woman I know I am becoming.
{sigh...thus is the circle of life...love you mom!}
I will try to tell Wayne {a.k.a. Stanley}
every day how much I love him.
I will try to remember how much I love him
all through this year's golfing season.
{This one becomes really hard by mid-September.}
sigh...love you Stanley...!
I want to try and have more fun
with the little things in life.
I want to try and play and laugh more
at work and at home.
I want to try and accept the fact that
my son will not always follow my advice.
I will be happy that he is spreading his wings
following his own path, even
if that means he will leave my nest one day.
{Not too soon I hope...}
I am so proud of the young man he is turning into.
And lastly...
I will try to accept the fact that perhaps...perhaps...
my hair is too big for my small nose.
I will try to find a new hair style for 2010.

Is there anything you want to
change or accept this year?

8 comments:

S. Etole said...

wisdom to know the difference between what can and what cannot be changed would be a good thing ... blessings

BeadedTail said...

What a fun post! Those are all great goals! I have a goal this year of reducing my computer time in order to spend more time with my family. Hopefully I can accomplish that!

Tuesdai said...

Hi,

I didn't watch "Gone with the Wind" perhaps tonight. I did see it once but didn't finish it...yea, it IS long! I wanted to just relax with the family and smile for another year :) I dont make New Year Resolutions, they BORE me and I change my mind too much! I'm just going to freestyle and find out what I want on the way....I do have a plan. Which works better for me :)

Hot Rocks said...

I love all those things that you are going to try to do. Many are some that I too wish to add to my list of "try tos". I also agree with Beadedtail, about trying to spend less time on computer related activites, and more time on family. Happy New Year!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Simply to try to be more grateful for all the blessings in my life and to take better care of the gifts that have been given to me. I'm hoping if I start there, small changes in how I do and approach things will begin to add up!

I think you've outlined terrific things to focus on! Happy New Year, Catherine!

Confucius Cat said...

Those are good "try tos". Happy New Year. Hope your 2010 is blessed.

kittykye said...

Haha! That last one made me laugh out loud! You're too funny.
I know I could take some of those resolutions as my own, too. :)
Hope you have a wonderful 2010!

Jaime said...

I love how you have combined these pictures so perfectly with your words. You made me laugh too! A few times.
I've got a list too, that I am trying not to call resolutions...cause then they are doomed to the same graveyard that all the other resolutions from years past have gone to. I love your idea of *try to* much better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails