Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ask and you shall receive...

Got home from work last night
Driving through the slushy streets
I was so excited for a moment
Was that some green I see?
errrmm...that's not exactly the green
that I was hoping for...
Why do the weeds
always come back first?
Meanwhile, as I am taking pictures ~
"Hey...mom's home...that means it's supper time!!!"
The water is running fast and furious
The drains can't keep up
Big puddles everywhere
I wish I had some rubber boots to put on
"Hello!!!! Mother!!!
Hungry cat here!
Could you put that camera away
and come in the house to feed me?!!"
Here's a hint of green that I was looking for
A patch starting under our big tree
This tree soaks up the snow fast
I love this tree.
Here's 'wire cat' from the other day
You can see all of him now
Do I even dare
to hope
that the snow is gone
for good?
"Rooaarrr!!!
Hungry beast getting
grumpier by the minute!
Feed Me Feed Me FEED ME!!!!"


And with that
I go inside the house
and feed my hungry cat.

17 comments:

Hot Rocks said...

Those darn weeds....they seem to survive everything! Glad you are getting some warm weather, us too, are getting plus 7-10 the last few days! Woohoo!!!

kittykye said...

LOL Banjo!

I can't believe you have green!! Is that usual for this time of year there?
It's been fairly warm here (I think it's about -6C here today), but I don't even get a taste of green until April, at the very least :(

Studio Sylvia said...

Green is coming. You have drains over filling and we need rain. Your cold weather and our hot weather, although it has cooled down, heading for 22 degrees C today. Better than 44 degrees C earlier in the week. Glad the cat got fed.

S. Etole said...

That last photo had me laughing ... what a kitty!

GardenofDaisies said...

Love your cute kitty! :-)

BeadedTail said...

Banjo is so funny! He made me laugh which I really needed today. I enjoyed this post very much!

Catherine said...

Hey kittykye ~ not too unusual. Winter quite often goes and comes back for several months. A couple of years ago we had snow EVERY month ~ July and August even! Can you believe it? sigh....

Your Daily Cute said...

Yay for green! I love the cute kitty pictures! So funny (and cute!).

wildcatwoodscats said...

Glad there is some green in yoru world. Love your cat in the window! MOL! Thanks for stopping by to visit. We will be back again!

katrina lauren said...

cute post catherine! banjie was certainly a hungry little boy...oh my!
made me laugh...
k

SquirrelQueen said...

Weed or not, green is green. Banjo is so cute, and hungry. What a fun post.

Brian said...

I agree, it might not be totally green, but it beats bright white. Howdy Banjo!

4smartmonkeys said...

Even if the green is a weed, remember it's green!! For me that gets me thinking of Spring:)
Banjo seems to rule the roost, what a cutie.
Great post, really had me smiling.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh that "wishing" sometimes...oh well.

Banjo is adorable...and obviously glad to see you! How cute!

Connie said...

Oh Catherine I LOVE Banjo...he is sooooooo cute! Awesome blog!

Stacy Hurt said...

OK; that is one HANDSOME mancat! What a delightfully expressive face (even without the yawn). Thank you for sharing your blog! LOVE IT

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a fun post and what great photos! perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails