Sunday, December 20, 2009

Love is Here

I bought this rock on my and Katrina's Moose Jaw trip early this fall. There are two things that come to mind when I look at this rock:

1) I didn't notice it at the time when I bought it, but upon closer inspection, I found a little heart in the markings. So sweet!

2) My paternal grandfather (a farmer) would have been perplexed by the thought of paying good hard earned money for a rock. He had also been amazed by the fact that restaurants would charge you money and serve you 'potato skins'. :)

Have a most lovely Sunday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!

Sharla

S. Etole said...

My grandfather was a farmer, too, and he worked so hard to clear the fields of rocks. The rocks do have something to say, though, don't they.

Alisa said...

Lucky find! It is fun to find hearts in nature!

koralee said...

Thats funny...my grandfather would of thought the same thing. Thank you for visiting me the other day and leaving such a sweet comment.

BeadedTail said...

I had to read it twice when you said you bought a rock. Can't say as I ever thought of buying a rock but it certainly is unique and I love the heart!

Brian said...

That sure is pretty!!! I saw a pretty rock in my backyard once, but then it started moving...Dad said it was a turtle!

Donna said...

I am so-about-rocks and that is one cool special stone. Really like it alot!

Jaime said...

What a lovely heart...don't you just love it when you find random hearts?
I meant to tell you in my first comment today that I absolutely love your new banner! So beautifully done.
I think I have done enough damage now, filling up your inbox. Becoming a more regular visitor to the blogs I love should be a *try to* this year.
yes.
definitely.

SweetMarie said...

I love the heart! My granddad was a farmer too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails