Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best Wishes

I am wide awake.
I've had less than 4 hours sleep.
Do you suppose I will be 'ringing in' the New Year???
...ummm...I am thinking not...

But luckily ~ this will be of no consequence
to me as I haven't been awake to see
the changing of the year for many many years.

My usual New Year's Eve routine?
If I'm feeling particularly 'wild',
my love and I will be curled up on the couch,
sharing a bowl of popcorn and watching a movie.
Sometimes ~ I stay awake until almost 10:00 pm!

However you are celebrating
the New Year this evening,
be it quiet and simple,
be it going out with a 'bang',
please be safe.

I wish for you all the
best for
2010!

PS: In the champagne glass above ~
Dole Fruit Sparkler ~
that's how exciting I usually am ~
:)

10 comments:

Brian said...

We wish you the Happiest New Year too! Tell Banjo not to party too much!

Donna said...

bringing in the new year on the couch is a great way to celebrate especially with popcorn and movie! Happy New Year!

S. Etole said...

and New Year's blessings to you ... so glad to have met you here

BeadedTail said...

We hope to stay up until midnight but we'll see if we actually make it! Wishing you a happy and healthy 2010!

Hugs to Banjo!

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

We just finished watching our movie for the night:) Have a very Happy New Year!

Tuesdai said...

I will be spending my time in the comforts of my home, snuggled under a warm blanket munching on a lightly toasted bagel with butter & cream cheese watching "Gone with the Wind" .

Happy New Year to you :)

Linens and Royals said...

Happy New Year, my cats insisted I was in bed by 9.30 so once again I missed being awake at midnight. Wish I had some of your lovely snow, it looks so pretty.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Happy New Year...the Dole looks great!

Brian Chen said...

Happy 2010 to you to!

Jaime said...

Happy very very belated New Year to you, you wild and crazy woman!
(mine was just as quiet...I dropped out of new years parties quite some time ago and have never been happier.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails