Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wildlife Distractions

Well this week was meant to have pictures of Christmas decorations ~ but the wildlife keeps distracting me!

I took a look out our bedroom window Sunday afternoon to take a quick peek at the birds only to see a long, black, bushy tail! Funny looking bird!

What the heck? A squirrel? We've lived in this house for 10 years and have never really seen a squirrel in our area. Hey squirrel ~ you're chasing my birds away!

I decided to get a little closer look. As Wayne was watching me from the bedroom window, he took a picture of me, taking pictures of the squirrel. He wasn't much afraid of me...the squirrel that is...not Wayne... :)

OK ~ so I know that technically he is a rodent but gosh he's cute.
Hello little squirrel! Enjoying the peanuts?
I think he is indeed.
muncha muncha muncha...
nibble nibble nibble...
Ahhh...you got a little something hanging from your mouth little squirrel. Are you doing that on purpose to antagonize me? Hmmm...you remind me of when Wayne (a.k.a. Stanley) purposely leaves cheese hanging from his mouth. (click here for review of cheese story)

Just for that ~ I think I shall call you Stanley!



You're an awfully cute little squirrel ~ but don't eat all the sunflower seeds and peanuts. Leave some for my birds. It's almost winter ~ you should be finding someplace nice and warm to curl up in and go to sleep for a few months.

See you later wee Stanley!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

My mom has a little box attached to a big tree in her backyard...it is full of peanuts and the squirrels have to lift the lid and go inside to get a peanut. She has had this box up for years, and recently she has discovered little treasure troves of buried or hidden peanuts all over her backyard. The squirrel keeps hiding his nuts but then forgets where he hid them!
So adorable, aren't they?

Vanessa said...

Hehe what a unique looking bird!

Anonymous said...

Isn't he(she) cute. What a lovely bushy tail!!! Just hope a whole family doesn't decide to move over to your side of town or look out....You will have them in your attic. Then you will have muncha, muncha, muncha.
Mom

BeadedTail said...

What a cute little squirrel! I haven't seen a black squirrel before but he's so pretty! Love the photo of you taking his picture!

MedaM said...

Adorable little squirrel! Beautiful post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails