Thursday, October 22, 2009

And the winner is...

Well actually...I have two winners! And there's a bit of a story to it so I shall make you suffer for a moment longer before telling you who won.

So I was sitting in my computer room last night and yelled out to Wayne {who was sitting in the living room watching "Sports Net"... so there was my first mistake...}:

Me: Hey Wayne ~ pick a number from 1 through 15 inclusive.

Wayne: What?

Me (louder):
Pick a number from 1 through 15 inclusive.

Wayne: Why?

Me: 'Cause I volunteered you to make the draw for the winner of my 500th post.

Wayne: Oh...13.

Me (to myself - scrolling down my comment list): 13... 13.... hmmm... oh oh...

Me: You can't pick 13!

Wayne: You told me to pick a number from 1 through 15...not 1 through 15 but not 13!

Me: I know but 13 is my mom and she's not eligible! Come on...pick another number.

Wayne (big sigh): 6

Me (to myself - scrolling down my comment list): 6... hmm... Hey... it's Lyndsay from Ontario a.k.a KittyKye a.k.a "
The Crazy Cat Lady" blog! Right on! Gee... I should have made Christmas cards with my cat stamps. I bet she would like those since she is a fellow cat lover such as myself and is doing my future aspiration of being a Foster Kitty Mom. Hmmm...I think I will make her some special Christmas cat cards with my Christmas cat stamps. Yes indeed. I hope she's OK with that.
Me (to Wayne): Hey...pick another number!

Wayne: What? What's wrong with that number now?

Me: Nothing. I just decided to have two winners.

Wayne: I'm trying to watch the sports scores here!!!! (sigh...) 10!

Me:
Thanks Wayne... love you...

Wayne: Yea yea love you too...

Me (to myself): Hmmm...put a little enthusiasm into that when you say it Stanley... Ok... 10... 10... 10... Hey! Barb from Saskatchewan! Fun!

So there you have it! If you two ladies ~ Lyndsay and Barb ~ want to send me your mailing addresses via cornerofcatsmind@live.ca I shall send you out your cards and you can get started on your Christmas card mailing list! {Lindsay ~ I will make your cards this weekend, post a picture of them Sunday night and get them into the mail to you by Monday. Hope you like them!}

Thanks so much to everyone who played!

P.S. That was hard to not post anything for 3 days! ha ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Girls; Itn't it anazing that Wayne picked my number first even though I didn't qualify. He is such a special son-in-law. LOL Mom

kittykye said...

Oh wow!!! That's absolutely awesome! Of course the cat ones are terrific! Those are super cute stamps.

Thanks so much, Catherine!

(Yay!) :D

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations to the winners! I bet the kitty cards are going to be so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails