Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Good Trick

Sometimes - well, let's be honest - most of the time - we do not eat very healthy at my house. Especially my teenage son. But for years, I've been 'tricking' him {and thankfully he never reads my blog since I am revealing my secret} into eating some of the 'good for you' stuff.
He's always liked chocolate {I wonder where he gets that from?}
and if I take something, even the driest old bran muffin,
and stick even one chocolate chip on top, he will eat it.
So years ago, I started making my own special
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins that he loves and eats willingly.
My secret?
Starting with "Quaker Low Fat Muffin Banana" mix, I add a whole bunch of Flax Seed, a whole bunch of raw Bran, some fat free French Vanilla Yogurt, a couple of mashed bananas, and...
...the 'key' ingredient...chocolate chips!
You just need a few.
Just enough to ensure them that they are indeed
CHOCOLATE Chip Banana Muffins!
Add a glass of orange juice and 'ta da'...
a healthy, yummy breakfast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great thinking! We do have to trick kids inot eating healthy, don't we?!?!

Sharla

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails