Monday, July 20, 2009

What Did I Do?

So here's what I did Friday afternoon: I bought myself an SLR camera! (All that anticipation...just for that!!?!) The brand new, hot off the press (March 2009) Canon Rebel T1i. Now, if you are anything like my hubby you are asking "What the heck do you need another camera for?" And my reply, "What the heck do you need another golf club for?". We agreed that I would never understand his golf fetishes and he will never understand my creative fetishes and so thus goes our marriage and we have been happily married for 20+ years.


I still remember my first camera somewhere around 1978 when I was 12 years old. A Kodak. You had to buy flashbulbs for it!!


Next came the Kodak disc for Christmas 1982. It took really crappy pictures - oh but what fun to use! I threw out the discs several years ago. They can't even be redeveloped anymore. I bought myself another camera in about 1984 but can't remember what it was. It may have been a 35mm Fujii. That lasted me until 1987 at which time I purchased my Canon Rebel. I loved that camera and I used it constantly until 1998 at which time I accidentally dropped it! I was very sad. A couple of 35 mm cameras in-between including a Samsung and a Minolta until I got my LUMIX FZ7 in 2006 and then my LUMIX TZ5 in 2008 and now my newest camera.

So now I have my throw in my purse camera (TZ5), my keep in the kitchen "look what the rabbits/stray cats/birds (insert animal name here) are doing" take a quick picture camera (FZ7) and my "let's do a full photo shoot" camera! Yea for me!

Now...next step...figuring out all the settings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the amazing pics you will get with this new camera!!!

Sharla

Cheryl said...

You conquered the gum addiction (I think) now you need to find CAA group for your camera addiction lol
Ok jealousy will get me no where.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails