Sunday, May 17, 2009

Am I a nerd? Or am I the new cool?


Spotting and taking a photo of a bird that I have never taken a picture of before
such as this Pine Siskin
and these Bohemian Waxwings

and then finding them in my "Saskatchewan Birds" book, printing them off and adding them to my "Birds of Saskatchewan" photo album

brings out the Jane Hathaway* in me!

Does that make me a nerd? Or am I just 'retro' so hence, very 'in' and 'cool'? Ummm...maybe don't answer that. I will just take it for what it is. I'm simply a gal who likes her birds....!
*Jane Hathaway - member of the "all woman's bird watching club" from The Beverley Hillbillies.

3 comments:

Barb Cowell said...

No, you are not a nerd! I just love the way you capture pics. The birds are awesome as if they are posing for you. Do you have a professional camera cause they are so sharp! Miss your mom not being at work everyday, but I can tell retirement is definitely agreeing with her. Have a good holiday!

Catherine said...

Hey Barb! Thanks so much for the kind words. I actually have two cameras. A Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ7(my 'good' camera) and a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ5 (my 'throw in my purse' camera) which is actually a 'mini-me' of my big camera. I love them both. They are both 'point and shoot' basically though both have some nice setting features and both have really nice zooms. I'm a lazy photographer. I don't like figuring out which lenses to use nor use RAW format! ha ha! Yes, mom is certainly keeping busy. I think she enjoys her odd days in the office! Take care Barb. Thanks again!

Just Jules said...

No you are my kind of gal

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails