Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stray Cat Watch - Day 89

So - yesterday I came home to discover that tabby cat is NOT a male - but a female - and it appears that she has babies - or at least baby! Wayne had been seeing a tiny black kitten who I thought perhaps was Sammy but he says it is as small as this little orange guy who looks to be only about 8 or 9 weeks old! How did they survive the cold spell? Poor things! So I have named mamma and baby "Cashew & Peanut". Peanut being the wee one of course! I guess that makes seven cats - that I have taken pictures of and named now - Calico Kitty, Barney, Dean, Jerry, Sammy, Cashew and Peanut. Hmmm...I really am becoming the 'cat lady' of Swift Current!! A name I can live with. :-) Once the weather gets warmer, and rodents and birds are more abundant, I will stop putting out food for them. But for now, they are all welcome on my deck!

1 comment:

katrina lauren said...

i love how lil peanut snuggles in close to mama! it's sweet...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails