Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Lot of "Feel Good" Wrapped Into One Movie

One of my favorite gifts this year for Christmas was the DVD "Mamma Mia" that Kurtis got me. It has a 'sing-a-long' version with it!!!! Singing, dancing and Colin Firth... mmmmmm...life is good. (Yes Wayne...I know he's gay in the movie, "in the movie" being the big point here, but look, he gets all wet and then takes his shirt off and dances and sings in the exploding fountain....how enjoyable is that!) I bought the CD before the movie came out in theaters so had the songs all practiced up. (Side note: Pierce Brosnan should stick to movies without singing - just my opinion) I saw it at the theatre, rented it on Pay Per View, and have watched it 3 times since receiving it at Christmas. I'm not feeling very well today so I plan on curling up on the couch, under my new fuzzy kitty blanket (a gift for Christmas from Wayne's mom) in the downstairs family room (that holds the big screen TV and our new home theatre system - family present for Christmas) and watching it again today. It may soon start to run neck-and-neck with "The Sound Of Music" on being my new "must watch while crafting" movie!

2 comments:

Laurette said...

I got it for Christmas too and LOVE it. I see the live show in Vegas a couple years ago and if I ever get there again, that will be on the list to do again. You can't get enough of ABBA in my opinion and I totally agree with you about the Pierce comment. Love it.

yhosie said...

i love this movie a lot too!!
hhmm...
i'll dig up my dvd collection and watch it again ...

miss them :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails