Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2 More Sleeps

Unbelievable isn't it? 2 more sleeps until Christmas? It is the day before Christmas Eve. I like this day even better then Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. It's still far enough away from Christmas where you can still believe that you have time to do all the last minute things you need to do. To be able to run down town and buy that last little stocking stuffer. To make one more batch of those favorite cookies. Time to run to the store for that one ingredient you forgot for your salad. Everyone is still in that "I best be nice just in case Santa is watching." kind of mind set. Perhaps it is just the sugar "high" that everyone gets this time of year but you really can feel the difference around the office and out on the streets. Everyone is just that little bit extra of 'nice'! If we could just bottle the mood in the atmosphere and save some of it for when we are in the middle of January when everyone is 'grumpy' from doing year-end reports and they are sick of the cold and the snow. Hmmmm....now there's a thought.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Very nice Christmas card you look great Catherine. New hair colour maybe??? You are so right we need to bottle the happiness up cause it doesn't last long

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the change in atmosphere and attitude around this time of year! Why is that we can all only find this in ourselves at Christmas I wonder?

I had to help my father-in-law in to the hospital yesterday and I got there before they did so I stood in the Emergency Room entrance and opened the door for everyone and helped a nice old guy get some ice off his walker. I saw how appreciative especially the older people were and I thought to myself, "this reminds me of the feeling around Christmas...this is the kind of thing I should do more often!" Sharla

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails