Sunday, November 2, 2008

I've Been "Punched"

"kirkville" punched me! Which seems mean but in blogland, it's a nice thing! So here it goes:

5 things I was doing 10 years ago: (I can hardly remember what I was doing last week but here it goes!)


  • As Kurtis was only 7, I am sure I was experiencing all that guilt mothers have in working and leaving your child at the sitters. But I was lucky, I worked part-time until he was almost 6 years old.
  • I would have been busy renovating/decorating our house that we bought in August of 1998. And we are still doing both 10 years later! A never ending task. (Wow...15 mores years of mortgage payments...!!!)
  • I remember I was very busy taking my HR courses 10 years ago! All that studying! Groan!!!
  • A girlfriend from work and I were walking every morning, Mon to Fri, from 5:30 am until 6:30 am. We did that for over a year and only missed a few days. Then she moved away and we both stopped.
  • I didn't know it then, but every time my mom and dad came to visit us for the weekend or we went to their house, I was experiencing my last bit of precious time with my dad before he passed away.
5 things on my to do list for today:


  • Catch up on my magazine subscription (Style at Home) as I am 5 issues behind!
  • Buy some groceries.
  • Do some crafting.
  • Have a snooze.
  • Watch a movie.
5 snacks I love: (Only five?)


  • Chocolate
  • Popcorn
  • Chicken Wings
  • Salsa & Chips
  • Strawberries & Vanilla Yogurt
5 things I would do if I was a millionaire:


  • Very first - Wayne and I would quit our jobs
  • Buy a business for Kurtis to manage - EB Games
  • Give my BFF money so she could quit her job
  • Give our house to someone who really needs it and build ourselves a new one
  • Take our whole family to Disney World
5 places I have lived: (Besides Swift Current:)


  • Neepawa, Manitoba
  • Edmonton, Alberta
  • Rosetown, Saskatchewan
  • Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
  • Brandon, Manitoba
5 jobs I have had:


  • Waitress - 4 years during high school at the Rosetown Gulf Coffee Shop - I still miss their fries and gravy! Mmmmm....
  • Chamber Maid - lasted 1 week before I decided to get myself to school!
  • I started in the credit union system in April of 1984 (Prairie Centre, Westoba, Beautiful Plains, Western/Southwest/Innovation) and have been everything from: teller, EDP coordinator, loans steno, file clerk, accounting clerk, administration clerk, trainer, recruiter
5 people I punch:


  • All my blog friends that I know have been punched so I punch all the people I love that are reading my blog!
5 favorite pictures of myself: (When you are always the photographer it is hard to find any pictures of yourself let alone your favorites!)




Hmmmm...I'm thinking it was OBVIOUS I was going to have chubbiness with me my whole life! :-)



I think my brother was looking at me wondering how he could get back at me for being so
ADORABLE!!!
:-)
(Had the "back combing" thing happening hey mom?)






Me and my dad.




It's only a "Wal-mart" picture but I still like it. Wayne's still got a bit of dark hair!





I'm not sure what I was thinking wearing that dress. It's not really my style or color...(wink wink)

;-)



2 comments:

Donna said...

wow - love those fav pictures of you. You have a pretty good memory I would think. I learned a few things about you. I thought this was quite fun too!

Donna said...

I think that last photo is not you and Wayne

(hee i am not just another pretty face you know!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails