Friday, October 17, 2008

Sleepless in Swift Current

~~~
So what is a gal to do when she wakes up at 12:15 am and can't get back to sleep? I go through periods of insomnia. Blame it on what ever you like. Stress, age, work, son was loud coming home, worrying about flying tomorrow, etc. Well you lay there for as long as you can until you can't take it any more (2:35 am it would seem) and you get up, make yourself a BIG mug of tea, and head down to your sanctuary, your euphoric craft room, the one room in the house that is all yours (no boys allowed!) and you re-organize your crafting supplies....ahhhh.....feel the stress start to leave your body. And at 2:52 am, I present to you...the 5 cent tour of my craft room!
~~~




~~~
Sit and craft and watch your favorite crafting movie (Sound of Music!) at the same time. Of course, you must add a big mug of tea to the mixture!
~~~~



~~~
End of the 360 degree tour! On to close ups!
~~~

~~~
My craft magazines. You can see I went through a Beanie Baby Cat stage...!
~~~

~~~
My Christmas Bears! Right where I can enjoy them all year. They will soon be moving upstairs to sit around the Christmas tree!
~~~

~~~
MUST be organized when crafting. These babies roll right over to my table to be beside me at a quick arms length. Very handy!
~~~

~~~
Drawer 1 of stamps. I have six drawers of them.
1st = words
2nd = people
3rd = bugs & animals
4th = garden
5th = shapes
6th = Christmas
~~~

~~~
Can't have too many scissors! Or can you? Nope...I don't think so.
~~~

~~~
Joyful gel pens! Oh the beautiful colors!
~~~

~~~
I guess I didn't need my feet in the picture! But I was streched out on my craft chair relaxing!
~~~


~~~
One of my favorite pictures to look at:
My dad (Papa) and Kurtis when he was a wee baby!
~~~
And with that complete (it's 5:01 am now), I shall make myself another
mug of tea and head into my 23 3/4 inch deep tub.
My second sanctuary! (And still no boys allowed!) :-)
~~~

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I think I fell in love with your craft room...can I come live in your craft room!!! LOLOL!! Wow is all I can say and well maybe I am a bit jealous. Or maybe instead of being jealous I should be inspired!! I can see why you love this room so much, looks very relaxing and well you are SET Up for anything...cool
Have a good trip

Donna said...

cool, funny blog, so you Catherine and i love the "feet up" picture. The one with your dad and Kurtis made me cry... but that is good for me to let it out sometimes.
delightful post...have a good "fly" time to Vancouver..i always have to take gravol to fly.

katrina lauren said...

hmmmmm. i think i could use your organizational skills in my crafty space...what an awesome room you have to be creative in! It's great...love that everything has a place...oh, i so want to be that girl that has a place for everything....but i am not.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome craft room! It wold be so much easier for me to "get in the mood" if I was as organized as you! Maybe when the kids leave home...950 square feet just doesn't cut it to have a room like that all to myself! Sharla

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails