Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Getting Your "Groove" On

It is almost noon on my 3rd week of holidays. I am facing the home stretch. 2.5 days left. Is the glass "half full or half empty"? Pessimist or Realist? You decide.

So as I was making the most of my valuable time left surfing other blogs (hey, it's pouring rain and it's cold out - I had a bath and got dressed with a fresh sweatshirt and pajama pants - that was all I was setting out to accomplish today!!) Anyways, so I was perusing and I came across this quote and it really hit home for me as it fits my life's new motto of "I am who I am, and I'm OK with that!". And it reads:

"Maybe one of these days I'll be able to give myself a gold star for being ordinary. And maybe one of these days I'll give myself a gold star for being extraordinary. And maybe one day I won't need to have a gold star at all." ~ Sue Bender

I love it! Read into it what you will. I know what it means to me.

I also LOVE the campaign that Dove has: Campaign For Real Beauty - if you have never seen their video on "evolution", watch it, it's amazing!
http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.ca/overview.asp?section=campaign

Another thought for today: "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." ~ Oprah

So celebrate who you are and where you are TODAY! Get Your Groove On Woman!

Wow....that was deep...I wonder if I will be so full of wisdom (full of something), philosophical, confident, and enthusiastic around 9:00 pm Sunday night as my 3 weeks holidays and weekend comes to a close.... :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails