Sunday, September 7, 2008

French Fry Birds @ The Zoo

In as many years I have been to the Calgary Zoo, I have never seen the sparrows act the way that did on this trip. Perhaps because we ate a late lunch that day and were basically the only ones sitting outside the cafe eating our snack of french fries. All these sparrows (25 - 50 at a time) would just hop and stand right around our table, looking right up at you! It was very SUPRISING! We couldn't figure out what they were doing at first but then the thought came to us that they were looking for food. Now I know this is really BAD but I decided to feed them some french fries. I know the poor little things shouldn't be eating all that salt and fat but I just couldn't resist. They were so darn cute!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails