Tuesday, August 5, 2008

$330 Later...

Would you believe that I have to feed my cat appetite stimulants??? I had to take him to the vet today. He hasn't eaten for 3 days. He is down to 23 1/4 lbs. I was worried about liver disease. $330 later, the vet assures me there is no medical reason for Banjo not to be eating but that I have to get him to eat otherwise it could indeed soon turn into Feline Hepatic Lipidosis (Fatty Liver Disease) which if caught early is treatable (fatal if not) but due to Banjo's dislike of the vet clinic, would most likely not be treatable as treatment is bringing him to the vet's twice a day to be fed by a tube. So, I now have to feed him antihistamines (appetite stimulants) for a few days and get him to eat whatever I can. Highest fat content of cat food. The vet said even baby food. I was going to run to Wal-mart and get a few different things but then thought why am I going all the way there....to save money??? I just spent $330 on my cat. What's an extra few bucks to buy it at the Co-op??? Duh!!! He has out six different foods at the moment. He has licked the gravy off the chicken tender cat food and that is it. Here is a picture of where they had to shave him. I'm not sure why they had to shave him. To do some kind of test I guess. But how can you look into those baby blue, trusting eyes and not do everything that was humanly possible to make him better? So here's hoping something tempts his appetite! I will keep you posted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails